Amorphophallus konjak

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not an orchid but a very impressive plant and flower - at least in my eyes.

amorphophallus_konjac_16.03.26.jpg

The hight of the biggest flower is 102 cm and the diameter is 24 cm.
Don't ask for the smell - but it isn't that intensive as I would have expected it.

I have some of them too. Any trick in making them flower? Mine seem to live their life entirely independent of drougth etc.they spread vigorously as well, so there is now a population that escaped control in my greenhouse:D

I have some of them too. Any trick in making them flower?.....
Nothing special. I grow it during summertime on a sunny place in the open with frequently watering and almost every watering with fertilizer. Only bulbs which are in the size of a mans fist or bigger will flower. After the sprouts have died off in autumn I keep it dry inside the house at a temperature of about 10°C. Thats all.

wow. can you show the whole plant, please?

Of course I could - but at the moment there are only 30 cm more flower stems - that's all. The bulbs are kept completely dry since end of October and new foliage will not emerge before the flowers have wilted. Then the plants will be watered and fertilized regularaely.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back