Amarylis 'Picotee'...coypright marking discussion thread

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It took you more time to remove it from the paph picture, and this is exactly what I am looking for!

However, presumably you are not really concerned with one person, using your photo one time, to sell just one plant. I mean, big deal! However, I can understand the frustration you'd feel if someone had a bench with 2 or 3 hundred Paph. helenae to sell and they used your photo to make some big bucks. But, in that case, it's well worth the effort to do what fibre did, even if it takes extra time. So, doesn't that still make the watermark useless for your intended purposes anyway?

I just think that most people, even the ones who have lots of plants to sell, won't bother spending that kind of time removing a watermark which is well embedded into the picture, instead they will get an easier "prey", i.e. your unmarked pictures ;).
But if you are fine with it, I have no problem either !

How about you John take the picture on Eric's stove and I will add a copyright after? :evil:
I think that if you send it to Eric so that I can take the photo on his stove, we're risking it becoming a permanent New York citizen! Then, the only time either of us will get to gaze upon it's beauty is when Eric posts photos that he's taken! *see my reply to Eric's offer to be the photog.:eek:

I get mine used all the time on Ebay,someone on another forum posting it as their own, and a few vendor(US,Japan)sites.I put my name on them and from there just say ''screw it'' and don't worry about it anymore.It's my fault for posting them on the internet.No matter what you do someone else can use it if they want.They make apps that can remove any kind of protection you put on it,and anybody with at least a little know-how and PS can erase any watermark.

Make a little sticky lable with your name on it and stick it on the plant somewhere and then take your picture. Or is there an easy way of removing that as well?

Make a little sticky lable with your name on it and stick it on the plant somewhere and then take your picture. Or is there an easy way of removing that as well?
Yes, the clone tool in a photo-editing program will remove that and make the photo look like it was never there.

Latest posts

Back