ALL - Looking for a certain Mexi. photo...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
Morning everyone!

I'm looking for a photo that was taken a while ago for the AQ - one of Marilyn LeDoux's Mexipediums and how it is growing. She said one was taken a while ago.

If ANYONE can find or take a photo of this plant, please let me know.
I really need a visual for people who are interested in buying a piece (of mine or hers - I'm not selling/dividing mine at this point.) 'Oaxaca' would be fabulous.

There used to be a photo I found online but I didn't save it and now I cannot find it.

Thank you!

li'l frog

Reaction score
pics

OrchidWiz has several good pictures, if you have the program to show your friend. Hit Search>Images> type Mexipedium in the 'Genus' space, hit search button. it lists 6 or 8, including close-ups, and one showing a bowl with multi-growths in bloom.

Rick

Reaction score
The main picture I remember was in Orchid magazine about a year ago with review of all the special awards for 2006

Candace

Reaction score
Heather, here are the photos from Orchid Wiz. The top photo photographer is Dr. Tom Ott at maryott@swbell.net and the bottom photo was taken by Loren Batchman from Casa de las Orchideas. You can contact them for permission to use them...

Sirius

Plant Nerd
Reaction score
Here is the one I took when I visited Marilyn last fall...

The "tub" is 3' - 4' across.

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Thank you, all. John's is the one I was really looking for, just because it really shows the size well but I will save them all. Thank you!!!

I will send it off to George (who's one of our new members from the NH Show! Yay!) I'm being a bad girl enabling! :evil:

Just bought myself a new (larger) bonsai pot for mine this afternoon. Actually brought my plant with me to figure out what size to get and wouldn't you know, the pot I wanted the most that had the best fit would have cost me twice as much as the plant did 3 years ago....Sigh...didn't get that pot.

Scooby5757

lightly hirsute
Reaction score
I just check the new AQPlus and it's telling me that there are no awards for this genus. Somethings fishy.

rdlsreno

Reaction score
It is under Phragmipedium xerophyticum and it has the picture of the CCE.

Ramon:)

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Phrag. or Mex., Ty? - it may be under Phrag.
(They've been quibbling over that for a while. (I'm convinced it is it's own genus though...)

If anyone else out there has photos, and wouldn't mind my collecting them in one place (Ed M. this includes you) please let me know. It's my pet...

Latest posts