ah the poets of ebay...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is it just me or are there more paphs on e-bay than there use to be....LOL either I was not paying that much attention in the past couple of years when I was buying catts and dens and the like on e-bay or now that the paph bug has hit me there seems to be many more paphs on e-bay than there was before

Actually, I think there are fewer paphs on Ebay than there used to be...I no longer see offerings from Hillsview, and some other ebay sellers. There is actually a lot of good stuff on ebay, sometimes really good. You just have have some knowledge about what you are looking for. Take care, Eric

Ebay is a great place for quick fix! LOL! I have found quite a few good sellers on ebay. When I do get ripped off, I try to just shake it off.

Most of my ebay orchid purchases have gone quite well. However, sometimes human error comes into play...Years ago I purchased a catasetum that was incorrectly tagged. The seller reimbursed me for the price of the plant. Last year I bought a cym. from one of the sellers, and received one mature pseudobulb with a small new growth. Cyms. should have at least three pseudobulbs when separating from the parent plant. I gave this guy positive feedback, but emailed him that I may loss the plant. He was cool about replacing the plant in the event that the cutting was too small. It worked out well, and I was able to use TLC to keep the plant alive.

What is important to me, when bidding or buying an ebay orchid is seeing a photo of the exact orchid that I would be receiving, and checking feedback on a that particular seller. I have actually received orchids that were nicer than what was depicted from the photo... All and all, it has been a good experience!

Claudia

Latest posts

Back