After removing rotten parts!!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. I've stopped a lot of bacterial rot on Paphs and especially Phrags with hydrogen peroxide.

same here, has stopped crown rot cold on a number of phals along with nailing hiding bugs! (don't use on pleuro mystax! :( ) .... although an internally-invasive bacterial infection may not be controlled or only suppressed; nothing cures everything

I have tried H2O2 with not much success! I think I have found my way for treating plants after removing rotten parts!!! I have applied this treatment to a couple of paph leaves and they do great!!!! What I did was cut off the part that started to rot (with some healthy tissue) and then soaked some toilet paper with Listerine and soacked all the cut area and a little more healthy tissue, like ;eting the plant absorb some of the substance! And let it dry! No watering, spraying etc for a day or so!!! And the wound is greatly closed...:D

Another thing that I did with the catasetum was this! After seeing that there was a damaged/rotten patch on the pdb I took a sharp and clean knife and cut the infected part (which I do not know how it happened, cause I haven't watered it since dry period started, meaning for 2 months), only to realise that a great part along the pdb was rotten and I had to carve it (the rot had spread inside the pdb) What I did, was remove as rotten part as possible, soack the wound with Listerine, leaving it dry a bit and then applied some Handsaplast spray for treating wounds!!! It seems so far that everything is good!!!

That's all for now! I will try to keep u updated!!!

I've had success with cinnamon for crown rot and sealing cut tissue. The important thing is to mix the cinnamon powder with enough water to make a thick paste. Shake it up untill its a blob and use a cheap artist paintbursh to cover all the tissue down into the healthy part. Let it dry and don't get water on the area. The mixture can be stored in a small airtight container for several weeks. Hope this helps.

Thank you lindafrog!!!! I only applied the powder on the cut!!!! The cinnamon paste thing is a very good idea!!!! Thanks!!!

Back