Aerangis luteo-alba v. rhodostica

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I was into the photo from an art standpoint, I'd say #2, but I'm more interested in the plant, and # 1 gives me a better sense of the total blooming experience, as if I was in the GH myself:wink:

I could see myself matting/framing #2 and putting it up on the wall. But for sharing the blooming experience with friends on ST, I prefer #1

It is a quite large Aerangis luteo-alba v. rhodostica. How old is the plant?

I didn't start keeping track of when I purchased something until a couple years ago -- I should have, but I didn't. So I don't know how old the plant is, but I've had it for several years, and it was a couple years before it bloomed. The earliest photo I have of it blooming is 2009.

Dot, do you have two greenhouses...a warm and an intermediate? How do
manage to grow both warm and cooler growing orchids? Do you divide your
greenhouse some way or other? The different types of orchids you grow
fascinate me.

Wonderful!!!!!!
I only have one Aerangis (A. mystacidii) that struggles a bit, so I did not try this one, although it is one best, concerning the flowers...!!
I pick photo 2, since it gives a lot of detail of the front flowers.
First pic is not that sharp and everything seems to be in less detail... (??)

Dot, do you have two greenhouses...a warm and an intermediate? How do
manage to grow both warm and cooler growing orchids? Do you divide your
greenhouse some way or other? The different types of orchids you grow
fascinate me.

When I was planning my greenhouse, I knew I wanted to be able to take advantage of mini-climates. So I put both heaters along one wall. There is a fan over the main heater which is toward the back of the greenhouse (you can see this in my greenhouse thread: http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17927&highlight=happening&page=43) that pushes the warm air toward the front. There is another fan kitty-corner to that that bring the now cooler air to the back of the greenhouse on the other side. the temperature differential in the winter is about 5 degrees, enough to grow intermediate on the cooler side and warmer nearer the heaters.

I think I might be able to manage that if I put 6mm plastic sheeting across
the middle of my green house. I have two big King heaters mounted high
on each end of the gh and could just turn one down a few degrees...hmmm.
The two heaters turn on and off automatically for day and night temps., but
I could rearrange that. Thank you, Dot!

Latest posts

Back