Abaxs helenae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice helenae!

i post "bad" pictures all the time. Let's all cut Abax some slack for getting hers posted!

Last edited:
Clap clap clap! Love this itty bitty gem :)

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk

Actually, I don't do portraits. I do expedient pretty well.
Justin, I don't think your photos are bad. I mean, I can see the flower and
that's what counts to me. I do enjoy the really good photographers very
much and that includes SK and several others.

Slipperking, I took your comment just as you intended. I don't take offense easily...go ahead, punch me again. ;>)

.....I am scared to offend anyone at the moment,...
:rollhappy:

It's great to see Angela's photos. For a long time, we heard about her plants and greenhouse; but, didn't get to see anything. So, thanks Angela for the photo! That's step one and it's great.

With regard to photo quality, my 2 cents is that I'd rather see a photo than none at all; but, I'd rather see a nicely composed and edited photo than a "quicky". I'm busy; but, I do take the time to take nice photos and only post the ones that are a pleasure to view. Nice photos do enhance the experience of coming to this forum. It's like NYEric wanting to see a whole plant shot. I get that completely and I agree with him. It puts everything into context and allows us to enjoy the flower shots even more. A nice photo of a nice flower, without a whole plant shot leaves me dissatisfied and wanting more....just like a "so-so" photo of a nice flower makes me crave to see better composed photos of the same subject. It's not hard to take nice photos. I do pretty well and my camera is a crappy old Nikon Coolpix 2.2 megapixel, dinosaur! I just have to put in a bit of effort to get a few nice shots. I think eveyone appreciates it; so, I take the time to do it.

Back