A nice beginning

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
The one on the left (#1) is (‘Jungle Monarch’ x ‘Jungle King’) which I got from Porter's Orchids. #2, The one on the right is from Leo Schordje, but there were no parents on the tag. I hope it lifts its dorsal sepal.

The perspective is a little deceptive -- both plant's leaves are the same size, but the plants are in different size pots. The flowers are parallel and equidistant from the camera lens. #2's pouch is darker, but #1's pouch is rounder. So far.

Beautiful & great growing. I think the most exciting part of the whole orchid growing ordeal is when the blooms are first opening like this. I love that the photo shows the petals in all different stages of emerging and unfolding.

Great growing Dot!

Pretty much uniformly, my batch has had nice dark colors, better than many strains. I wish the flower counts were better in general for all sanderianums. 2 flowers never feels like enough.

Would love to see the side by side.

The reason my cross(s) have no parents, none of the parents were shown anywhere. But they were good.

Dot

How long did it take to get the second growth on your plants?

I have a sandie from Leo's compots of 2006 blooming now, but its a single growth with just a nub of a second growth.

Dot

How long did it take to get the second growth on your plants?

I have a sandie from Leo's compots of 2006 blooming now, but its a single growth with just a nub of a second growth.

You are assuming I keep track of growths :confused: when I can barely keep track of where they are in the greenhouse. :rolleyes:

Best guess -- Leo's plant started it's second growth a year ago or so -- it's forming growths faster than the first one.

Latest posts

Back