A nice beginning

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dot

How long did it take to get the second growth on your plants?

I have a sandie from Leo's compots of 2006 blooming now, but its a single growth with just a nub of a second growth.

You are assuming I keep track of growths :confused: when I can barely keep track of where they are in the greenhouse. :rolleyes:

Best guess -- Leo's plant started it's second growth a year ago or so, not too long after I got the plant, as I recall -- it's forming growths faster than the first one.

Last edited:
Great idea, I have always tried to balance them on a tower of upside down pots. This is a much more intelligent way of solving the problem.
Actually, all my multiflorals are hanging high in the greenhouse to get as much light as I can give them. The hangers, though, make them harder to photograph.

Well done Dot. They are both just wonderful. Two flowering sanderianum's at the one time. That is beyond my wildest dreams.

:sob: I accidentally sold one to Justin that I had originally intended to keep for myself. That's what happens when you pack in a hurry for a trip. But I do have a couple that I am keeping, hope they re-bloom soon.

Leo, that plant is growing like a weed. someday i'll give you back a division.

Leo, that plant is growing like a weed. someday i'll give you back a division.

Thanks, I appreciate that. No rush, I do have a couple that are as good, but you never know when something will happen.

Tennis and I have been trading divisions of a Lycaste back and forth. It is some what tempermental. I shared a piece years ago, then lost mine a bit later. He gave me a piece back. Later he lost his. I sent him a division. Now I've lost mine again. Hopefully soon he will have a division of his.

Spreading good plants around is good insurance.

Length ain't everything. The one on the right has a far superior dorsal with the width and less pointedness to it. I'll be on your division list for that one Dot, top of the list please.

Length ain't everything. The one on the right has a far superior dorsal with the width and less pointedness to it. I'll be on your division list for that one Dot, top of the list please.

For sanderianum, length is everything. I'll take the left. Truly wonderful Dot.

It'll be awhile, Rick! But you are #1.

I don't think they are done growing yet. We'll see.

Latest posts

Back