2015 April Taiwan Phalaenopsis Tour

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigleaf

Reaction score
I will be posting phalaenopsis photos I took in Taiwan between 4/17 to 4/20. I split my visit between phalaenopsis and paphiopedilum growers.
As before I see many beautiful flowers. I purposely went in April when weather is a bit warm and slightly uncomfortable, in hope to see more flowers. In the past first two weeks of March is too early for novelty phals to bloom.

Phalaenopsis Ho's Dreamy Jade 'Peter'
Phal_20150417_(1).JPG

Phalaenopsis Yaphon Lobspis x Kuntrarti Rarashati - Color is very unique - bright. Yaphon will not sell it. Maybe he will offer clones in the future.
Phal_20150417_(2).JPG

Phalaenopsis Tying Shin Interest - really cool plant between harlequin and Phal deliciosa. I like that each flower has different look Older plant makes keiki on spike just like the species parent. One of this came home with me.
Phal_20150417_(3).JPG

Phalaenopsis Rainbow Chip x equestris - I thought this keiki is so cool because one spike has normal flower, and one spike has peloric flowers. I'm curious if this trait will continue in future flowering. So I brought this home with me.
Phal_20150417_(4).JPG

Phalaenopsis Chang Jhih Green 'Chang Yi' (Phal. Sogo Key X Phal. Tzu Chiang Litlitz)
Phal_20150417_(5).JPG

Phalaenopsis Chang Jhih Green 'Chang Yi'
Phal_20150417_(6).JPG

Phalaenopsis gigantea - poor plant is working overtime with many seedpods.
Phal_20150417_(7).JPG

Phalaenopsis gigantea - closeup
Phal_20150417_(8).JPG

Phalaenopsis gigantea - you can see attempt being made to remake Phal. Ohl Flame (Phal. gigantea x Phal. Princess Kaiulani)
Phal_20150417_(9).JPG

More to come later.

Phalaenopsis Chienlung Red Eagle (Phal. Germaine Vincent X Phal. Black Eagle)
Phal_20150418_(1).JPG

Phalaenopsis Chienlung Red Eagle
Phal_20150418_(2).JPG

Phalaenopsis stuartiana f. nobilis
Phal_20150418_(3).JPG

Renanthera citrina
Phal_20150418_(4).JPG

Phalaenopsis lobbii x malipoense
Phal_20150418_(5).JPG

Phalaenopsis Chienlung Black Parrot 'CL Snake' AM/AOS
Phal_20150418_(6).JPG

Phal_20150418_(6a).JPG

Phalaenopsis Jon's Gigan Cherry
Phal_20150418_(7).JPG

Phalaenopsis Jon's Gigan Cherry
Phal_20150418_(8).JPG

Phalaenopsis Zheng Min Anaconda
Phal_20150418_(9).JPG

Phalaenopsis Yaphon Gelacea x Mambo
Phal_20150418_(10).JPG

Phalaenopsis modesta
Phal_20150418_(11).JPG

Phalaenopsis Mituo King 'Red Pepper' (Phal. Mituo Sun X Phal. Ld's Bear King)
Phal_20150418_(13).JPG

Phalaenopsis Mituo Sun 'Red Pepper'
Phal_20150418_(14).JPG

WZ286 Vandaenopsi Chienlung Purple Schubert (Kenneth Schubert X V. coerulea) - color is a bit off, it's more blue than purple in person.
Phal_20150418_(15).JPG

Thanks for sharing, it looks like it paid off to delay your trip!

I particularly like the Phalaenopsis stuartiana f. nobilis, I had never seen one before.

I will be posting phalaenopsis photos I took in Taiwan between 4/17 to 4/20. I split my visit between phalaenopsis and paphiopedilum growers.
TRAITOR!! :viking: :p

Phalaenopsis Yaphon Lobspis x Kuntrarti Rarashati - Color is very unique - bright. Yaphon will not sell it. Maybe he will offer clones in the future.
Phal_20150417_(2).JPG
Nice. BTW, if you can get more of that fragrant Orange/art shade Pylo's hybrid don't forget me! :wink:
Thanks for sharing.

So many truly nice flowers, one after another after another! That orange Yaphon hybrid and the 'CL Snake' are really wild!

the zheng Min Anaconda in the photo has the same look as the Zheng Min Anaconda "Chienlung#01' .
is it the same ?

Some really awesome flowers.
The Phalaenopsis stuartiana f. nobles caught my attention. I am amazed how strong the yellow is.

the zheng Min Anaconda in the photo has the same look as the Zheng Min Anaconda "Chienlung#01' .
is it the same ?

I believe so. This flower has different look depending on seasons. It's a sister plant to Phal Zheng Min Anaconda 'Peter'. :)

Su1-13.JPG

Please post more of yor slipper photos

Okay. I took many pictures when visiting 8 paph growers. Best flower quality pictures are from Taiwan Paph Society judging - its one place where all paph growes brought their best plants to show off. Many of the multiflora type I would not see if I went to Taiwan earlier in March during the International Show. However the lighting was poor at the judging so my phone pictures don't look great. I took them nonetheless to learn.
I want to organize them by type. But I also don't want to take forever. I may just throw them together and organize them at a later time.

Thanks for posting the pics.
If you think April is bad, try July or August ... at a night market next to the vendor selling stinky tofu.

I love stinky tofu. I used to enjoy them when I was younger in Taiwan.

Yeah, I don't go back to Taiwan after April 30 because airfare goes up too. Next year I think I will go in February. Weather will be cooler. I still like to go to Japan Grand Prix one day.

Latest posts

Back