11th International Slipper Symposium - Atltamonte Springs, FL

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow - sure seems like air travel is a lot less expensive on the east coast than it is over here on the left coast.

Heather, it would be so cool if you could make it to the Slipper Symposium. It's only a weekend ferheavensakes. Here's a hair-brained scheme! (I get these a lot): Cash in that B&N gift certificate you're hanging onto right now, go to the Slipper Symposium in October and get Olaf to autograph your very own copy of his book on albino slippers! :evil:

Wow - sure seems like air travel is a lot less expensive on the east coast than it is over here on the left coast.

Scott, I think it's like postage, the farther you go, the pricier it is (and the hungrier you are!)

Here's a hair-brained scheme! (I get these a lot): Cash in that B&N gift certificate you're hanging onto right now, go to the Slipper Symposium in October and get Olaf to autograph your very own copy of his book on albino slippers! :evil:

Ooh, can I do that?

Unfortunately, not exactly knowing how the driving thing is going to go, I'm reticent to book today, but I might check out airfare at least.

I hate to ask this as I don't want to get you people going again, but, might anyone wish to share a room (PLATONICALLY) :rollhappy:

I'll be there, this will give someone a chance to see if things are really as bad as she says they are. :poke: And of course, platonically, Heather's always welcome to crash at my place!
Anyway, I hope I'm not too banged up from the tournament this year.

Heather don't think too long on it, just do it. As you know I'll be there. I had already asked a friend to join me but truthfully he's a last minute guy and I don't think he'll go. Either way, you are welcome in my room as well. Worst situation is we'll need a fold away bed. I promise I won't bite. Were both red heads so everyone will think your my younger sister.

Hi, all,
It is great to see people considering attending the symposium. The event is very different then an orchid show--thankfully, in my not so humble opinion--and really is a chance to have an in-depth conversations with some of the folks that truly steer this side of the orchid world as well to purchase plants that don't make the usual rounds on the show circuit. I hope you all will come and join the fun for it is quite entertaining as well as informative.
Rob

For those interested in complex Paphiopedilum hybrids, Theresa Hill of Hillsview Gardens will be attending the symposium. Theresa is one of the best growers in the business, producing thousands of top-notch complex paphs each year. It's worth a look at the photo galleries on her website, and I know she'd be very responsive to anyone who is interested in pre-ordering plants to pick up at the symposium. For those with a wider variety of tastes, Theresa also grows some of the most magnificent Miltoniopsis and Masdevallias to be had.

Hillsview Gardens

Julie and I will be attending. :) It's amazing; we will even fly to Orlando to hear Jason speak. :poke:

I'm looking forward to all the speakers, the other events, and to meeting fellow "forumites". Meeting Rose and Jim was one of the highlights of the Chicago trip for me.

:( Wish I could go, maybe next year if I start saving now! Sounds like a good time, how could it not be!
Isn't Ross a sweetie? I'm glad you met Jim (and his wife?), I had the pleasure about a year ago, very nice people!

Dear all,
it will be really interesting to meet some of you in Florida.
There is not so often a possibility for a European to meet so many Slipper-Orchid-friends.

Best greetings from the rainy Bavaria

Olaf

Back