11 months' growth

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnyr5

Reaction score
mt low Feb 7, 2015
20150207_213812.jpg

And again Jan 8, 2016
20160108_223349.jpg

Da heck am I gonna do with this thing!!!??? :eek::eek::eek:

Nice job. What are you feeding it? Looks like you are water it frequently, which i believe is the #1 culture component that we don't talk about much. I really try to push my paphs with as much water as possible....

That is so right, Justin!
Living thing being mostly water in volume, it's the water!

Open mix with frequent watering is the key to the best growth.
Our member in Norway proves that, plants in the wild proves that.
:)

I can't do that because I don't want to water so often. It's already a burden as is now. lol

I take all 130 of my plants down to the tub and water them one by one every three days. Blooming plants get watered daily.
This guy was going to bloom again, but I cut the spike. Time to beef it up and get it ready to be judged.

I move my plants to the bathroom to water as well.
I really hate watering days. I don't think I could do this for too long. lol
What are they potted in so they can be watered daily??
Or just the phrags??

What a beautiful monster plant! That's either a small jetted tub or a very large plant....my bet is on the plant. Well done! :clap:

I take all 130 of my plants down to the tub and water them one by one every three days. Blooming plants get watered daily.
This guy was going to bloom again, but I cut the spike. Time to beef it up and get it ready to be judged.

I water my Phrags every three days also. Paphs every two (except when wintering then it's more like every 4). I use an app on my iPhone to alert me which groups of plants need watering on which day, etc. Bit of a pain when they all land on the same day though - especially when it's fertiliser time! :D

Wouldn't want to do 130 though...

Might be labour intensive but you definately have the culture part figured out.

How often do you replace your media give a twice weekly watering schedule?

Latest posts

Back