11 months' growth

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whaaa! In about 22 months I am moving somewhere with more humidity!!!!!

I love what can be done with good culture!

Tony, you are not supposed to push them to grow that fast,,, knock on wood. LOL. Those green leaves is a product of, no, you are not telling us that. Congrats for excellent growing :clap::clap::clap: or should I say fattening?:poke:

Green leaves are from high ferts, not low light. I grow my multis scaldingly bright. I've got a 15 x 15 x 12 clear tote for it after it blooms. Tired of it outgrowing its pot in less than a year lol.

Yep, there we go. I suggest you change your title to " more is better" if done the right way. LOL, You can send some to me when youre tired.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

20160421_170436.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a fan. Bow. If you dont want to spread it here, can you pm me and share to me your culture, fert,potting and so on. I need some references as Im doing my own experiment. I love healthy plants. Im not there yet, a few of mine are doing great but some are just struggling. Poor plants they have a crazy care taker.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

20160603_180834.jpg
9 new leads so far this year, with at least 1, maybe 2 more expected in another month or 2. I wonder how long this exponential growth can continue. At its current rate, I will have a plant with roughly 160 growths and 180 leads in four years.

I agree with the open mix and frequent watering regime, and have experienced significant growth and multiplication as well.

As I feed with every watering, at "less" concentration, the net mass of nutrients applied is still "more." Plus, frequent watering does a better job of flushing the medium of plant wastes, and draws a lot of fresh air into it.

There's no Sphagnum in this mix. It's top-dressed with forest moss. I wish it would push up its spike already. I have a 15in pot just waiting for it.

I scald the moss.
I could drop my temps and make it push up its spike in 3 weeks, but, doing so would initiate spikes on things that aren't ready.

Back