11 flowers in a 2,75'' pot

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*wolf whistle* Gorgeous plant and dynamite growing.
Tell all about how you grow such beautiful helenae. The
three I have are still young, but I'm certainly not getting
the results you are. They seem quite slow growing in my
greenhouse.

Thank you all so much!

Mix is Orchiata with limestone (about 1:1), lots of light in my basement, cool winters and temperate to warm summers.
I put it on a window as I saw the buds coming, so all flowers are facing in one direction.

Sagenhaft! Keep them growing like this and delight us every year, please! Just marvellous!

Thank you all so much!

Mix is Orchiata with limestone (about 1:1), lots of light in my basement, cool winters and temperate to warm summers.
I put it on a window as I saw the buds coming, so all flowers are facing in one direction.

So is that 9-12 mm Orchiata? What does the limestone look like? Could you show us in a photo?

An obscene amount of flower compared to the leaves.
Wish they all bloomed like that.

So is that 9-12 mm Orchiata? What does the limestone look like? Could you show us in a photo?

Yes, it is Orchiata power 9-12 mm. The limestone is about the same size or a little bit bigger.
This helenae grows under a T5 HO bulb with a very good reflector. Distance to the leaves is about 20 cm.
I wrote some more about the culture of my helenae here.

Oh, wow~
20cm under T5HO seems like tons of light!
Do you grow your charlesworthii with the same amount of light??

The charles gets less light. It grows in a distance of 25-30 cm under T5 HO bulbs without reflectors.

I have been back to this thread repeatedly. This is an incredible display, gets my vote for plant of the year! ( we need a division or post for this! ) simply awesome!

Latest posts

Back