Northern Lights

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

I found a new addiction! Taking pictures of the Northern Lights. We have a cabin in Northern Wisconsin, and have seen the Northern Lights 3 times in the last few weeks. Here are some pictures I took last weekend:

Robert

Thanks, I am still learning myself, with night time photography. I dd find out that my regular "daytime" zoom lens didn't give me the best results, so I just bought a new lens, the Rokinon 16M-C 16mm f/2.0 Aspherical Wide Angle Lens. It is a manual only lens, but during night time photography you want to set your settings to manual anyway to get long exposure times. The focus range I set to infinity. You want a high ISO number (at least 1600 or 3200).

Here are some more useful tips:
http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/2012/02/17/night-photography-tips-9-essential-steps-for-beginners/

Robert

Beautiful!
I love it!

I didn't know you can see it in America? Even Northern Wisconsin is rather low latitude.

Troy- Aurora or Northern Light is caused by interaction between solar wind and the magnetic field of the Earth.

Beautiful, fascinating shots. Is it or are they always green
at that latitude? I've seen the AB in other places and the
colors are different and always changing. It's an amazing
spectacle.

Beautiful! I've seen this many times in northern Michigan, and it never gets old.

Beautiful photos.
When we were kids we used to lay out on the grass and watch the northern lights. We lived way out in the country so there was no 'light pollution' to interfere with the show.

Latest posts

Back