Paph micranthum 'Super Model'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paphioland

Reaction score
IMG_2040-1.jpg

IMG_2046-1.jpg

That's the breeding type of micranthum with round petals and a not too big pouch, very nice one...

Here is the second best in show for species in Taiwan:

img1873xp.jpg

As one can see yours is clearly much nicer and better... That's where I complain about the judges quite a lot of time, they don't know what they have in front of them...

The color is decent, maybe next blooming it won't have the deformed pouch.

That's lovely! But should it be called 'Super Model'? It's much too pleasingly round to be associated with waif-thin models :rollhappy:

I love the dorsal and petals, they are exceptional.
I wish the pouch was more inflated though

The pouch must not be more inflated for that type of micranthum. It is a perfect plant to make hybrids. The micranthum with huge pouches give a lot of runts in breeding.

As for the pouch size, it varies from flower to flower. I would tend to guess that the pouch has been 'trapped' gently between the petals for that blooming, which deformed it slightly it and give it a pointed shape, nothing to worry about, the pouch will be fine on the next blooming.

As Xavier points out pouch problems are usually environmental. I would hardly call this pouch deformed. The second spike is open and the pouch is completely normal. This flower is quite large and makes the pouch appear somewhat small but it is not over sized.

Latest posts

Back