A couple of gratrixianum's

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
Both my gratrixianum clones are in flower at the moment. The first one is gratrixianum "Geyserland". I got a division of this beautiful clone off John Robertson. John breeds a lot with this one. It has taken a while to establish but it is really putting out some new growths now and has another growth in low bud.

The second one is gratrixianum "Ratcliffe" which was given to me by a friend. It is nowhere near as nice as the first clone which is empahsised by the third photo.

David

Paph gratrixianum "Geyserland".

gratrixianumgeyserland2009.jpg

Paph gratrixianum "Ratcliffe"

gratrixianumratcliffe2009.jpg

Combined

gratrixianumcombined2009.jpg

The Ratcliffe clone is not all bad at all! How many clones are as nice as Geyersland? The spotting on the flower stem of Geyersland is most unusual!

The Ratcliffe clone is not all bad at all! How many clones are as nice as Geyersland? The spotting on the flower stem of Geyersland is most unusual!

Yes, Rose you are right. It is nice enough. Certainly not ugly. It is all relative I guess. I have another much bigger division of "Ratcliffe" which didn't flower this year. Next year it could have masses of flowers.

The dorsal is really nice on the "Geyserland". Often the dorsal on gratrixianum can be a bit muddied. But this clone has clear distinct spots.

David

They are both very nice but the 1st one does have a prettier fuller dorsal.

Is it just this years flowering, or are they both consistent every year?

They are both very nice but the 1st one does have a prettier fuller dorsal.

Is it just this years flowering, or are they both consistent every year?

I have flowered the "Geyserland" clone 3 or 4 times and they have been all but identical each time. This is the first time I have flowered the "Ratcliffe" clone.

David

Back