Paph henryanum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

L I Jane

Has anyone ever noticed the colour of bud sheath as being as dark as this on a henryanum ? I have 2 sheaths this colour on this plant--very dark & no they aren't rotting :)

100_0083.jpg

I know but the sheaths keep pushing up.I've poked around the biggest one & it's fine no rot just that dark, brownish purple.

looks awesome to me, I can see some striping on the sheath and it looks dark purple, not brown. I love henryanum and I bet this one's bloom will be as strongly pigmented as the sheath!

Update pic.If you look closely you can see the other sheath pushing up behind the leaf near middle.

100_0709.jpg

Great picture, thank you for sharing that! The sheath sure is dark, I can't wait to see the colors on the bloom...and you are going to have two! Lucky you!!!

Go, henry, go!

I wouldn't bet for it to be a henry ... :crazy:

Some weeks ago I bought two Paphs labeled as herrmanii. But I wouldn't have bought them, if I wouldn't have been sure that they are something different ...

Update-stiil moving .,but it's not henryannum-almost 99% sure. Keep watching for unveiling. :)

100_0084_zps1052a7c9.jpg

Back