CO2

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.....? until you consume the O2 then its CO.................nasty
That seems a bit extreme. I new a guy who heated is fishroom for decades with a gas heater. With ventilation this should not be a real risk.

I expect many green houses have been heated with gas heaters and the information for proper installation and maintenance exist out there.

I used to be an amateur mushroom grower and grew about 50lbs of oyster mushrooms in my parents guest bathroom and in their garden under a tarp using saw dust blocks, and oak and birch wood.

This is just my experience - DO NOT use oyster mushroom spawn to raise CO2 levels.

Oyster mushrooms spores are extremely aggressive and adaptive and will grow and spread nearly everywhere, if you do not pick the mushrooms before sporulation. That spore grow on walls, in wooden floor boards, towels, and if in your grow room it will grow in your orchid substrate. Because mushroom is a detritus it will consume the any carbon source and if your orchid has a dead root, the mushroom will access and kill the plant via the dead root or bark. I accidentally got one my parents younger trees killed because the mushroom hyphae grew in between some loose bark and then slowly killed the tree.

All This happened in 2017 and 2018, and currently we still have oyster mushrooms popping up in trees and our mulch bed randomly every year. It is extremely hardy and pervasive and can be destructive in an small enclosed green house

I used to be an amateur mushroom grower and grew about 50lbs of oyster mushrooms in my parents guest bathroom and in their garden under a tarp using saw dust blocks, and oak and birch wood.

This is just my experience - DO NOT use oyster mushroom spawn to raise CO2 levels.

Oyster mushrooms spores are extremely aggressive and adaptive and will grow and spread nearly everywhere, if you do not pick the mushrooms before sporulation. That spore grow on walls, in wooden floor boards, towels, and if in your grow room it will grow in your orchid substrate. Because mushroom is a detritus it will consume the any carbon source and if your orchid has a dead root, the mushroom will access and kill the plant via the dead root or bark. I accidentally got one my parents younger trees killed because the mushroom hyphae grew in between some loose bark and then slowly killed the tree.

All This happened in 2017 and 2018, and currently we still have oyster mushrooms popping up in trees and our mulch bed randomly every year. It is extremely hardy and pervasive and can be destructive in an small enclosed green house
Sounds like oyster mushrooms are an easy food fungi to grow for the novice. Yum yum.

That seems a bit extreme. I new a guy who heated is fishroom for decades with a gas heater. With ventilation this should not be a real risk.

I expect many green houses have been heated with gas heaters and the information for proper installation and maintenance exist out there.
if its ventilated the CO2 leaks out

Latest posts

Back