Zygo. Debbie DeMello 'Honolulu Baby'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well DJ is a very good grower. And these guys have always intrigued me. However in the “oven known as SW Florida” these guys would not do so well. I have always heard that they liked it cool and moist.
Recently I got suckered into trying a few. My Novelty Phalaenopsis had become just too boring. So I figured what temperatures they liked, what I could provide and thought that I could meet those conditions under lights.
Well in about 2 months or so, I have obtained about a dozen. So far they seemed to be very happy for the most part. Fragrances remind me of Lily Of The Valley, lilac and a fruity blend. All quite pleasant.
I look forward to continued success.

Very nice! Gotta love a nice zygo. I have about 15-20 and absolutely love them! Here is a Advance Australia just opening!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231006_073752_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20231006_073752_Photos.jpg
    810 KB · Views: 0
Thanks all! This lovely blooms about twice a year with 4-5 flowers per inflorescence. I love the flowers but could do without the fragrance. It's a strong sweet hyacinth, floral perfume like fragrance. Most of our guest love it. I am not a floral fragrance fan. Still I have 4 or 5 Zygos because I love the flowers.

Latest posts

Back