Yesterdays haul

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gcroz

2yr HCC Awarded Stud
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to a greenhouse owned by an AOS judge who is moving to Florida, and was selling most of his collection. I purchased some exquisite awarded Cats., a 50 lbs. Stanhopea oculata, but wanted to show the slippers I got. Each of the slippers was $25.00.

1. A general overview of the plants purchased.

2. Paph. concolor var. hennisianum

3. Paph. Quasar

4. Paph. rothschildianum 'Chester' AM/AOS x Paph. rothschildianum 'Janet' FCC/AOS (This plant has bloomed before and it may again fairly soon1)

Not pictured:

Phrag Albopurpureum 'Sir Arthur' AM/AOS

Phrag. Schroderae

I think I did ok, given the competition.

Attachments

• Slipperhaul01.jpg
    Slipperhaul01.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 61
  • Paph.-concolor.jpg
    Paph.-concolor.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 57
  • Paph.-Quasar.jpg
    Paph.-Quasar.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 50
  • Paph.-rothschildianum.jpg
    Paph.-rothschildianum.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 57
dang... i had a wedding to go to yesterday otherwise i would have been elbowing you out of the way....

we (the Massachusetts Orchid Society) bought some too for our auction which is the 9th of September in Waltham...

Nice going - you did really well! Each of the slippers was $25 - don't tell us the roth was priced at that?

Tell me what catts you're going to be dividing and selling me:poke:

I wonder why he's not moving them with him to Florida?

:sob::sob: OK I'm now throwing up!
OMG - WHAT A STEAL!!!!! You lucky _ _ _ !!! We'll look forward to seeing it!

Well Administratrix, had you asked, perhaps a ride could have been given. :DAlthough I'll definately accept the elbow slap 'cause I made out like a bandit!

You got it buddy!
And I live way too far south for you to be helping with driving! Kudos for you getting there. Brian and I are expecting divisions of course, for our ability to help you get those plants. :)

I, too, would like to see the concolor -- I just purchased this variety as well, and have no idea how it differs from the regular concolor.

No one's said this yet so I will. Lee Soule is a stand up guy and I'm really going to miss him at our meetings.

He was the first person I met when I joined NHOS as a nervous newbie. I had brought a very nice Phrag. in for the show table with two blooms and in the car, one fell off, we had a nice laugh over the superglue thing and talked about the wallisii I had recently brought in for judging. He made me feel extremely welcome in those first few minutes (the reason I joined NHOS actually, everyone is that way.)

I'm really sad he's leaving but think of what he'll be able to grow in Florida!

Latest posts

Back