x vietenryanum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

goldenrose

Here's mine! It's 3 growths in a 3" pot, plant habit very much henry. I got the plant a year ago, it was one growth, from an ebay vendor palustral11.
007-7.jpg
006-6.jpg

I might be a bit premature in photographing it but by the time the petals are stretched well......
we all know what the dorsal will probably look like!

It it supposedly a natural cross between gratrixianum and henryanum.
RHS is listing it as x vietenryanum (no capital V), natural hybrid, no originator or dates. With as long as these 2 species have been around & with the extensive use of henry, it's odd they we're just now starting to see them.

:confused: I don't know. Lovely plant, Rose! The dramatic spotting is great. For perspective, what size pot is it growing in?
It's in a 3" pot. I like the spotting too, the synsepal as a couple of vertical stripes but of course can't be seen with the pouch. I had to do a check of the tag as I have a spice x tigrinum in bud too! Only a couple of days before it pops!

Last edited:
Thanks Kirk! Then mine is with a capital V, as the parents have clonal names!

Because that is the name that was given to this natural hybrid when it was officially described. The person who names it gets to choose. Perhaps Olaf will enlighten us.

http://www.orchid.or.jp/orchid/people/tanaka/orchid/org/shinshu/shinshu32.html

If this is an artifical hybrid rather than wild-collected it should be Vietenryanum rather than x vientenryanum.

In this article is written that "in the region, the common Paph. gratrixianum is known as Vietnamese Paph. villosum"... maybe this has something to do with the name? :confused:

Back