WOW!!! Venustum ‘pink wings’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a great point.
Most often, the petals will eventually curl back to a varying degree.
It’s been open 9 days. It’s curling is done. I have about 20 different venustum’s, as they are my favorite species, and all the others are done curling by the 6th or 7th day

20 different clones! Wow! I love venustum too.
Aren’t venustum’s just wonderful?! The snake skin pattern of the “truer” wild strains, the purple underneath, and the brain like pouch, make them, in my opinion, the most “wild” and “uncharted” looking species. I truly love them. I’m always on the hunt for another one to add to my collection that is different than all my others. That’s another thing I love about them, is they all look so different and unique, even with the same wild strains growing side by side in the jungle.

Definitely a looker. And aye, right you are. The variations of the colors makes this species very collectable. Ranging from light pink, to orange to dark pink and to reds (some very dark) in the parts you mention. And believe or not, I only have the alba/measurianum versions, so I am now 'enabled' by your plant and others here to go and seek the different formas. Here's to the adventures this year!

Definitely a looker. And aye, right you are. The variations of the colors makes this species very collectable. Ranging from light pink, to orange to dark pink and to reds (some very dark) in the parts you mention. And believe or not, I only have the alba/measurianum versions, so I am now 'enabled' by your plant and others here to go and seek the different formas. Here's to the adventures this year!
Well I hope you have a fun filled journey finding and collecting this wonderful and wild species! Good luck to you, and remember.., keep them almost wet ALL YEAR long. No rest and extremely moist!

Latest posts

Back