WOOT !!!! mexipedium bloom pic !!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilda

Reaction score
North East Tennessee, Z6 , Sunroom, flourecent lig
Yay ! I feel like a proud Momma !! It is blooming with lots of buds and what look to be branching !!! :clap::clap::clap:

flowers_2010-57.jpg

Congrats Gilda! Branching stem....I'm IMPRESSED! I've got one plant and never bloomed it; but, when it arrived, it was rootless and near death. Now it's growing. Fingers crossed that I can make it do what your plant is doing!

BTW: The name is Mexipedium xerophyticum.

That's a great pic Gilda!

Isn't it cute??

Very cute Rick, but it sure takes up a lot of my premium growing space for all of it's cuteness !! I am tickled that I bloomed it..but now it may have to go find a home with someone else.

John you are a great grower..hang in there, takes a long time to bring back a rootless plant.

Adorable! Now I want mine to look like that soon!!

is there a minimum growth number until it will bloom?
haha this forum enabled me to purchase one, but it has been non-productive so far. But I have very good roots now.

very nice? why does it take up 'too much room'?

Growing it "connected", it takes a 14 -16 inch space..which will have to be enlarged with the newest stolen it is putting out. My bench space is very limited . The newest stolens have not put their roots down or I would cut them free.

By the way Rick or whoever knows this , how long does it take for the new stolens roots to grow ?? Is there a way to encourage them to "take off" ?

:clap: :clap:Nice growing! :drool: :drool:
Looks like I'm going to have to wait a bit on mine!

I think my plant puts roots out on the new growths during a brief spurt of activity some time between 6 months and 18 or so months. My new growths are pretty much fully developed before roots start. If the base of the new growth is not in contact with acceptable medium, or if it is hanging out in space, which often happens, no roots at all develop on the new growth. A little touchy that way.

I think my plant puts roots out on the new growths during a brief spurt of activity some time between 6 months and 18 or so months. My new growths are pretty much fully developed before roots start. If the base of the new growth is not in contact with acceptable medium, or if it is hanging out in space, which often happens, no roots at all develop on the new growth. A little touchy that way.

Thanks Leo, That is what I have noticed..growths almost full developed before new roots appear.

Back