Woodstream Orchids

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

consettbay2003

Reaction score
It must be great to be so successful that you don't need to answer emails, answer your phone or return phone messages. I know from other posters that they can be busy with orchid shows etc - but 6 weeks with no response!

That is a bit much. He's had long distance family problems and isn't able to keep the pace he used to. I agree that quality has fallen but there are good reasons for it. We all have trying times in our life.

Yeah, I have to wonder if Slippertalk is the best place to air these kind of grievances.

I'm not saying that Woodstream hasn't been ignoring emails or has had poor response & customer service, but things happen. Anything from personal issues (as have been listed) to technical issues (emails aren't always reliable) could explain the lack of response to emails.

I mean, if they kicked your puppy or did something outright awful like send you diseased/sick plants, then let us know, as it might be helpful. Otherwise, this just seems vindictive.

my intent wasn't to be vindictive - just trying to learn why they are so unresponsive. I realize that an email can get lost in cyberspace but 4 emails and and messages left on their answering machine is unacceptable even if they are having issues. 6 weeks and counting.

my intent wasn't to be vindictive - just trying to learn why they are so unresponsive. I realize that an email can get lost in cyberspace but 4 emails and and messages left on their answering machine is unacceptable even if they are having issues. 6 weeks and counting.

What really helps with your particular vendor is to attach a "request a read receipt" and "request a delivery receipt". My email uses "Outlook". It worked for me.

Bill and Lynne are a couple of the nicest folks in the world, and really do give a damn about their customers. If they are not responding, it is not due to ill intent or random inattention.

If this subject had not been started, I would not have known Woodstream Orchid folks were having problems. Otherwise, I might also think that their business had gone under/other - if some can remember, there are those that don't respond who have gone out of business and folks here have panicked because they had orders/services paid for and suddenly realized they were out on a limb.

Now, all are aware that it may take a bit more time with the folks at Woodstream and that is understandable. And helps all to realize that they can continue to do business with Woodstream in confidence.

I don't think the posting was out of place or vindictive, but definitely frustrated. Reasonable in regard to the times we are living in.

just my experience, for the past 2 yrs, I've never had a successful purchase, either things get sold out quick or no reply from their emails. I hope things get better for them, they do have nice things from time to time and I don't want to see another vendor close up shop.

My understanding is that they are changing email services from chesapeake.net
to verizon, and the chesapeake address is no longer working. Please pm me, and I will contact Lynn to see if I can give you her work address.

It must be great to be so successful that you don't need to answer emails,... - but 6 weeks with no response!

I understand your frustrations but I'm sure there is a good reason and they will attend to you asap.

Yeah, I have to wonder if Slippertalk is the best place to air these kind of grievances.
..I mean, if they kicked your puppy or did something outright awful like send you diseased/sick plants, then let us know, as it might be helpful. Otherwise, this just seems vindictive.

On the contrary, I would think this is the best place because the members here would have the best idea to issues regarding a slipper orchid vendor.

My understanding is that they are changing email services from chesapeake.net
to verizon, and the chesapeake address is no longer working. Please pm me, and I will contact Lynn to see if I can give you her work address.

as noted above..:)

I think this thread should be taken down.

We don't know if the writer ever really emailed or ordered from them. For all we know he could be a competitor trying to hurt their business or someone that Bill just didn't give a good enough deal to at a show or maybe his (her) mother didn't cut enough crust off his peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

I've known and dealt with Bill and Lynne for about 20 years now and in my opinion there is no one more concerned with the hobbyist. Their flasks are priced very reasonably as are their plants. No $300 flasks because the "potential" is there.

The original post didn't sound like the writer was just trying to get information. It sounded like someone with an axe to grind.

I don't see it as a competitor trying to ruin a rep. It sounded like a legit concern and while I've defended them in the past, I have to say their reputation in the local area is rapidly going down. Lately the feedback has been poor product and poor attitude. Perhaps you should pass this on to them because he is a trend setter in breeding and should be able to continue to provide unique plants. A bad rep could ruin that for him. Just my two cents.

Latest posts

Back