Who uses "Lyro"

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

likespaphs

some call me brian
Reaction score
Okay, so Glanz Wössner Orchideen often uses the name "Wossner" when naming hybrids, who In Charm Orchids in Taiwan uses "In Charm" when naming hybrids. Who uses "Lyro"?

what it means....

If his wife's first name is LYnn, and Bob's would be RObert
=Lyro
Just guessing. Of course, maybe the Ly could be from something else.

being a hoosier by birth, i hereby retract all negative things i've ever said about you buckeyes as, well, i never woulda figured that out....
thanks

Last edited:
Thanks Gilda, I went looking and didn't turn up much but only because I was being lazy and couldn't recall the cross that is Lyro Blackhalk! Dopey me...

hey, dopey, don't you mean Lyro Blackhawk? :poke:
(actually, if you just put "Paph" in the genus line and "Lyro" in the grex line, it brings up everything containing the word "lyro" anywhere in it)

Yes, Lyro is from LYnn & RObert. We had been trying to get the registrar to let us use our farm prefix LSF, and they wouldn't accept it. Said it had to be a word". I pointed out lot's of examples of nonwords being used, then they said it had to be pronouncable. I told them I was from Elbonia and we didn't have vowels, but that didn't work either, so we came up with Lyro. Now, with the rule changes, we are using LSF when we rarely have time to register crosses. Will catch up someday soon. What do you win - you get to look at the nice first bloom roth Lynn just sent me the image of, quite a nice large chunky flower:

rothnew.jpg

Nice roth. I like Lyro too.

You know - anyone who has seen or read Wicked, the name of the "wicked" witch of the West, Elphaba, comes from the first letters of L. Frank Baum's name, the author of the Wizard of Oz series.

Our newest sanctuary at New England Wild is Na(Nathan)Sa(Sara)Mi(Michelle) = Nasami. Named for the first two letters of the family who owned it's three children. I think it's a nice way to honor someone!

Back