White Stuff

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(Actually, the river runs East to West.)

I'm glad you are OK, Mark -- that must have been a scary experience.

:eek: LOL I could have sworn it runs West to East. :rollhappy:

The car started just fine today, and there doesn't seem to be any damage. I'm not one bit happy, however, about getting it into that much water. :mad: Too bad I wasn't driving the '05 car instead. The most important part, however, is that I wasn't harmed nor was anyone else in the city according to the news reports. It's amazing considering how bad it was!

Yikes, glad you and your car are okay. My tiny dusting of snow (which is completely gone now) pales in comparison to your experience!

Ack! Too depressing! Hurricane Igor is suppose to hit us Tuesday with over 2" rain and 60 mph winds. The few orchids I have out will be brought in tomorrow.

And Igor is serving us 6-10' surf that's as warm as bath water!!! Woulda went today, but had an orchid show to judge. We're out the door just after breakfast tomorrow.

All this is weirdly disturbing - what with the climate changes and extremes when the weather does it's thing it is no longer the least bit benign!

And Igor is serving us 6-10' surf that's as warm as bath water!!! Woulda went today, but had an orchid show to judge. We're out the door just after breakfast tomorrow.

Scratch the 6-10', we got 10-15' surf!!! Wahoo! Still digging sand out of places the sun don't shine and applying aloe to the places it does! Lovin' it! Was at da beach almost four hours, had a great mahi shadwich for lunch, then spent the rest of the afternoon/evening working in the yard. Putting in a small pond to add some interest to the aroid bog.

Latest posts

Back