What's blooming on my drier on new year's eve

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Suzanne Decker deserves its own thread. Absolutely love the sharp contrast between the white and the...Ihavereallynoideawhattocallthatcolour.

I've edited my first post to add the names of the plants :)
Thank you! Very appreciated. :)

You know, it's not one or the other. You can love and grow both genera. But you'll have way more blooms with phragmipediums..just saying ;)
Oh, but I already do love both. The Phrags just seem very easy when you've gotten their culture down (or at least the ones I have seem to be so far), and they're very rewarding. I only have three of them compared to my 48 Paphs, so I need some more. :rollhappy:

It is from OL
:poke:

Like she said.. :p

Bought it about three years ago and it took at least a full year for this division to get established. It tried to bloom last year, but the spike dried. Now I think it's going to be a vigorous plant as there's already a second growth that is spiking and there's a multitude of little growths growing around the two mature ones. :drool:

That Suzanne Decker deserves its own thread. Absolutely love the sharp contrast between the white and the...Ihavereallynoideawhattocallthatcolour.

I've already posted this SD twice. Next time it will be when it holds more than one spike at a time or if it flower at the same time as my Allison Strohm, so I can take a side by side picture to compare and contrast with you guys. Nobody knows for sure what that colour is..lol I'll say dark fuchsia. But the best trait on those flowers is the leathery-velvety texture they have. You really have to touch it.

Thank you! Very appreciated. :)

Oh, but I already do love both. The Phrags just seem very easy when you've gotten their culture down (or at least the ones I have seem to be so far), and they're very rewarding. I only have three of them compared to my 48 Paphs, so I need some more. :rollhappy:

it can take some years before growing them properly as we can get a bit stubborn in the way we grow our plants :)
Do you grow all your plants on the windowsill ?

I've already posted this SD twice. Next time it will be when it holds more than one spike at a time or if it flower at the same time as my Allison Strohm, so I can take a side by side picture to compare and contrast with you guys. Nobody knows for sure what that colour is..lol I'll say dark fuchsia. But the best trait on those flowers is the leathery-velvety texture they have. You really have to touch it.

it can take some years before growing them properly as we can get a bit stubborn in the way we grow our plants :)
Do you grow all your plants on the windowsill ?
Looking forward to those pictures. That SD is really something special. I was thinking fuschia, and I guess that's as close as you can get.

Yep, which is why I don't want to jinx it and claim that Phrags are easy, 'cause then the three of mine will spontaneously combust. :rollhappy: Oh, and seem to need to kill a few plants, before I get better at growing them. :p

On the windowsills or close to them so that they can benefit from the windows (they've taken over my kitchen table...), and my cats keep buying potential big Paphs/Phrags, so I need to get them to stop. Darn kitties...

Well, I must admit that I'm starred!! What a display, what a show!!

Congrats!!!! and happy new year of course.

Back