What's blooming on my drier on new year's eve

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silvan

Multiflorals assassin
Reaction score
I hope for all ST members an awesome 2015 :)

31decembre2014.jpeg

Front row (from left to right):
Paph. tranlienianum
Phrag. longifolium album
Phrag. schlimii

Center:
Paph. Hung Sheng Compensa
Phrag. Eric Young
Phrag. April Fool 4N 'Fool's Gold'

back row:
Phrag. Fritz Schomburg (made with the flavum form of besseae)
Phrag. Fritz Schomburg
Phrag. Suzanne Decker

:)

Last edited:
Wooooow :clap:

Hope to see more on this drier in 2015! Best wishes to you too Silvan!

Looks great. Love the phrags!

I don't have many open flowers in my collection yet, so I'm mostly doing bud watch at this point in time, but in a couple of weeks I believe my show will begin.

Thanks guys.
I didn't write the names of the plants since I thought that they were pretty much easy to guess. :)

See you in March Eric :)

Looks great. Love the phrags!

I don't have many open flowers in my collection yet, so I'm mostly doing bud watch at this point in time, but in a couple of weeks I believe my show will begin.

Can't wait! Bud watching can be so nerve wrecking .. :)
I have some first blooming phrags coming soon and the wait is driving me insane!
But looking at the picture I just posted, I realize that I shouldn't be complaining too much. :)
I'll wish for myself to have all my kovachii's x in bloom for next year's new year's eve.. one can hope...

Should be possible. The plants available from Peruflora were definitely big enough! BTW, what is that green Phrag and why isn't it staked?

Should be possible. The plants available from Peruflora were definitely big enough! BTW, what is that green Phrag and why isn't it staked?

It's the longifolium album. It has a short stem and doesn't need to be stalked. I should have placed it where my schlimii is for a better presentation. :)
I should thank John M for the tip on blooming my ever blasting schlimii. As soon as I stopped leaving it standing in a saucer filled with water, it started blooming.
Coincidence ? Maybe, maybe not. :)

I'm not sure about the Kovachii crosses I bought from Peruflora. They just started growing again..They took quite some time to get used to their new environment.
We'll see... For the curious ones, I got a BS Glen Decker and a Peruvian Royalty...

Thanks guys.
I didn't write the names of the plants since I thought that they were pretty much easy to guess. :)

See you in March Eric :)
I would love to know the names since I'm a Phrag noob. :eek:

Wonderful display! I must admit that I find Phrags more and more interesting. There are so many gorgeous/cute/beautiful crosses out there, and I want to get more than the three I have now.

Happy New Year!

I didn't want to start another thread with my Phragmipedium Suzanne Decker. But since the bloom is particularly nice this time around and we don't really see it on the group shot, I'm sharing it with you folks on here.

PhragSD31dec2014Plant.jpeg

PhragSD31dec2014zoom.jpeg

:drool:

I would love to know the names since I'm a Phrag noob. :eek:

I've edited my first post to add the names of the plants :)

Wonderful display! I must admit that I find Phrags more and more interesting. There are so many gorgeous/cute/beautiful crosses out there, and I want to get more than the three I have now.

You know, it's not one or the other. You can love and grow both genera. But you'll have way more blooms with phragmipediums..just saying ;)

Happy New Year!

Thanks and happy new year to you too

Sly, I think your dryer is an old machine, isn't it? I am ready to buy.... it with the stuff on the top, of course!

I wish I could. But if I sell you my drier, Isa will be mad since she enjoys so much looking at it on my pictures.. :rollhappy:

With what is about to bloom in your growing area, there's nothing on here
to be envious about. ;) Beside, don't you already have three of each of everything? :D

Back