What were they thinking?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, what was I thinking with this cross.
P. praestans x ( P. Mem. Helene Colbert x Holdenii )

I really like your Paph. (Mem. Helene Colbert x Holdenii )!!, The colors and the form are really nice, but I agree I don't know if Paph. prasestans will improve it. I personally would put the Paph. (Mem. Helene Colbert x Holdenii ) onto something like Paph. mastersianum or a Paph. mastersianum/maudiae type cross.

Robert

Ok, what was I thinking with this cross.
P. praestans x ( P. Mem. Helene Colbert x Holdenii )
The pod is doing well also.
.....or were you thinking to chunk up the praestans & add more color????

I really like your Paph. (Mem. Helene Colbert x Holdenii )!! I personally would put the Paph. (Mem. Helene Colbert x Holdenii ) onto something like Paph. mastersianum or a Paph. mastersianum/maudiae type cross.

I agree totally! I really like what the mastersianum does to the Maudiae-types.. course I might be a bit biased about this :D

however, i like crosses just for the sake of seeing how it turns out... and this thread has inspired me so today I'm going to cross Paph urbanianum with Paph fowliei... fingers crossed.

I really like your Paph. (Mem. Helene Colbert x Holdenii )!!, The colors and the form are really nice, but I agree I don't know if Paph. prasestans will improve it. I personally would put the Paph. (Mem. Helene Colbert x Holdenii ) onto something like Paph. mastersianum or a Paph. mastersianum/maudiae type cross.

Robert

Robert, I would have loved a mastersianum to use or a good Maudiae/ sukhakulii type to put with it but neither I or my Paph growing friends had anything near flowering to get fresh pollen so I used what was out. P.mastersianum here is just not available, if it is its sold in minutes at a healthy price.

Back