What are you reading?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
last night i started reading orchid fever for like the ten thousandth time, i love that book:D

When it comes to repeat books, I must have read Naked Lunch at least 6-7 times.

I started to read the odyssey by homer on my computer but just got bogged down; not so interesting when not a book. otherwise, usually reading an odd mix between the bible and discover magazine and last week the august version of adirondack life magazine

oh, and silly posts by friends on facebook (why did I ever get talked into joining...)

The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. I wish he would write books faster! I am itching for the next one!

The Shock Doctrine by Naomi Klein (very bias writing, totally one-sided, some really bad arguments but once one cuts through all the @#$! one cannot avoid the fact that she does have a point).

Also, my Bible, various assorted scientific papers and killifish journals. I just finished "Is Jesus and Evolutionist" by Mike Anderson.

'The Years of Rice and Salt' by Kim Stanley Robinson. An alternate history that might have been if the Black Death had killed off 99% of the European population instead of just half.

"Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand here. Actually listening to it (unabriged) during my 200mile round trip daily commute to work.

Hitler by Ian Kershaw....yeah I know...but my background is a Masters in Holocaust and Genocide studies....if you ever want to read a proper historical accounting (without the speculation that comes with so many of the Hitler biographies), Ian Kershaw's handling of the historical documents is considered the best.

Finished Four Fish by Paul Greenberg about 2 weeks ago, now I am almost finished with Packing for Mars, by Mary Roach.....an incredibly entertaining book.

'the swords of mars' - edgar rice burroughs

Loved those. Also the series set on Venus where John Carter's nephew builds a rocket to travel to Mars to find his uncle, however he forgets to calculate the pull of the moon, and so spins over to Venus instead

Latest posts

Back