What and How i grow

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehanes7612

Reaction score
mostly multifloral paphs some angraecums, gongora, and australian species...but going all out on the brachys too now (after getting some of Nick's plants). Garage space (11 x 18) using lights 2x 400 hailide, 1 x 400 sodium and 1x1000watt halide. Room for expansion (plants currently take up 15 x 5 area) probably get another 2 x 15 and any number of hanging plants i want. plastic all around (which needs wall insulation behind it all around or else wet spots accumulate because of the cold spots)...have two 275 watt vaporizers, which arent enough(and adds to expensive electric bill)...replacing with a minifogger next week. Water drains unto the black plastic into a drain pipe i can swivel into the driveway when needed (garage floor wont drain to driveway and my bedroom wall is one of the garage walls, in case you are wondering). I have two small fans on 24/7 . lights are on 12/12 cycle for 1000 watt and 10on/ 14 off cycle for 400's. Temps get to 88 currently and 65 lows...i run lights at night and dark cycle during daytime to take advantage of temperature

20100913223638.jpg

20100913223708.jpg

i will still need a bigger space in two years :)

i have over 600 paph seedlings in compots (and half of them are growing really fast)..and in two years will need four inch pots...yikes!!

Sam and OZ- can't go wrong with them! Your growing area looks good and your plants are loving it.
Just beware- your collection can expand rapidly since joining this forum. Mine sure did!! Many tempting offers come our way all the time!

Sam and OZ- can't go wrong with them! Your growing area looks good and your plants are loving it.
Just beware- your collection can expand rapidly since joining this forum. Mine sure did!! Many tempting offers come our way all the time!
I'm with you, Diane. When I joined this forum, I had maybe 20 Paphs and Phrags. Now I have well over a hundred of each. This forum is a great enabler.

So watch out, ehanes! You do have a lovely space. I can see a lot of thought went into it's creation.

australian and angraecums

Angraecum sesquipedale, A. superbum (eburneum) Huge plant, Dendrobium gracilicaule, Dockrillia linguiforme, Dendrobium wasseli and a plant labeled Acp. ochacia...cant find any info on it...looks like an angraecum...also Trichoglottis phil. (not sure if from Australia)

redesigning entire garage with new acquistions ....will post pics monday...this will be the last redesign until next summer when i move ..hopefully..., maybe...probably not

Latest posts

Back