Went to judging today with 7 came home with 3

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stone, why are you showing us pics of awards that are 30+ years old to support your case?

Because they support me case. Still goes on today. Just last year there was an award given to a VERY average leucochilum. When I asked one of the judges why it had been awarded, they told me ''because we haven't given an award to that species yet''
Need any more?

Because they support me case. Still goes on today. Just last year there was an award given to a VERY average leucochilum. When I asked one of the judges why it had been awarded, they told me ''because we haven't given an award to that species yet''
Need any more?

Well, if you want to sway many opinions, yes. I'm not trying to disparage your position; you could very well be right and I think you would find that a surprising number of judges would side with you. However, because the standard is progressive, examples from so long ago are almost meaningless. A lot can happen with judging in 30-40 years, and very few clones from that era would stand up to today's standards (regardless of whether or not those standards are correct). I think your argument would carry a lot more weight with recent examples.

Latest posts

Back