Went to a show...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wendy

Just me!
Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This weekend is the Toronto Artistic Orchid Society Show. I didn't set up my own display but instead sent four plants with a local society. They did pretty good...

Paph rothschildianum 'Fergus'...1st in multifloral species
Paph lowii...2nd in multi species
Phal amabilis...3rd in Phal species
Galeandra leptoceras 'Fergus' CCM/AOS...1st in Cym allied species, hybrids and intergenerics
Galeandra leptoceras 'Fergus' CCM/AOS...Best Cymbidium.

I also got a Paph lowii seedling from Sam Tsui and was gifted an in bud Paph Booths Sand Lady and seedling Paph anitum from a friend.

I helped with judging this morning and thoroughly enjoyed it. Next year I hope to join the judging program.

Sorry no photos...I forgot my camera...had to get up before 6am and couldn't remember to take the camera with fuzzy morning thinking.

Congrats!!!! So you were judging AND were awarded??? Hmmmmm.....sounds fishy??? Just kidding, Congrats again!!!!

Thanks guys!

I was on the team judging Genera allied to Cattleya...and Oncidiums. :p:D

So has anyone here grown Paph anitum? Any special tricks? I've heard they can be difficult so if there's anything extra required for culture please let me know. I've wanted an anitum for awhile but thought it would be hard to find...instead one found me. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I helped with judging this morning and thoroughly enjoyed it. Next year I hope to join the judging program..
Good luck, judging is fun and educational but AOS judging takes 5 years and lots of work and travel to complete.

Sorry no photos...I forgot my camera...had to get up before 6am and couldn't remember to take the camera with fuzzy morning thinking.

Thanks! :poke:

Latest posts

Back