Was busy for a short time on Saturday morning

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never was great at growing from flask especially seeing that I'm using natural light in the house. I lost many a flask while using a bark mix. Now, I use straight sphagnum moss in those short pots. That photo was right after I potted them up. I then put on the plastic clear domes to keep the humidity up. Will only leave the lids on for a while and then will expose them to our home temps. and humidity. I like that I can just walk over and touch the moss and know if they need watering or not.

Just as a side note, I loved the way Rob sent them this time. He shipped with the agar off and without sphagnum moss but in those small (short) clear plastic tubs. They arrived pushed to one side due to the box being turned on it's side during shipping. I just dropped each flask into water and gave them a little pull from the sides to expand them a little. Then just dropped them into the moss. Put a little moss on the side and you are done. Just need to make sure you don't bury any leaves or plants. Will need to check on that for a few watering but it was a very easy job to plant these out.

Now my wife has me certified as an orchid nut. Don't care, and Thanks again Rob for the great flasks.

I never was great at growing from flask especially seeing that I'm using natural light in the house. I lost many a flask while using a bark mix. Now, I use straight sphagnum moss in those short pots. That photo was right after I potted them up. I then put on the plastic clear domes to keep the humidity up. Will only leave the lids on for a while and then will expose them to our home temps. and humidity. I like that I can just walk over and touch the moss and know if they need watering or not.

Just as a side note, I loved the way Rob sent them this time. He shipped with the agar off and without sphagnum moss but in those small (short) clear plastic tubs. They arrived pushed to one side due to the box being turned on it's side during shipping. I just dropped each flask into water and gave them a little pull from the sides to expand them a little. Then just dropped them into the moss. Put a little moss on the side and you are done. Just need to make sure you don't bury any leaves or plants. Will need to check on that for a few watering but it was a very easy job to plant these out.

Now my wife has me certified as an orchid nut. Don't care, and Thanks again Rob for the great flasks.
Who's Rob?

Latest posts

Back