rothschildianum question

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Couldn't really find a good place to put this post. Was wondering if anyone knew anything about one of Hilo Orchids crosses. The cross is 'Tiger' x 'Red Eagle' AM/AMOS. Up until this year I hadn't had any roths. for years due to how hard they were to bloom. Earlier this year I bought three at two different show and it turned out that all where from Hilo breeding and two of them are this cross. Was away for three weeks and upon arriving home I noticed one of them with a sheath starting to puff up. A little out of season, wouldn't you say? Now, don't misunderstand, I'm happy if it blooms no matter the season.

Couldn't really find a good place to put this post. Was wondering if anyone knew anything about one of Hilo Orchids crosses. The cross is 'Tiger' x 'Red Eagle' AM/AMOS. Up until this year I hadn't had any roths. for years due to how hard they were to bloom. Earlier this year I bought three at two different show and it turned out that all where from Hilo breeding and two of them are this cross. Was away for three weeks and upon arriving home I noticed one of them with a sheath starting to puff up. A little out of season, wouldn't you say? Now, don't misunderstand, I'm happy if it blooms no matter the season.

I usually start seeing sheaths in November and December, with spikes starting in Feb. The peak month for flowers is always April.

But I have some plants that bloom in summer. My roth 'Sheila' is always a mid summer bloomer. Charles E. Is just starting to open now in June.

Latest posts

Back