• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Paph. Sacagawea's Slippers pollinia

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Orchid Boy

Reaction score
Anyone have or know who would be good to contact about getting pollinia from Paph. Sacagawea's Slippers? I don't need it now. How long does pollinia keep in the fridge/freezer? Or where could I get a mature plant that would flower soon?

Orchids Ltd doesn't list it on their website, so I'm not sure if they have any, but here's a photo of our's just before it went to the great compost heap in the sky (Like everyone else, we lose plants once in a while):eek:

Last edited:
just curious, what's your plan to cross it to?

I want to cross it with sanderianum. I've searched for (sanderianum x Sacagawea's Slippers) but couldn't find any and didn't hear of any flasks, seedlings, plants, ect. So I'll make the cross as soon as possible and hope for the best...

wjs2nd, do you keep it in the fridge or freezer?

Pollen lasts easily a year in the refrigerator, or at least 6 months sitting on my desk top in wax paper envelopes.

delenatii itself is very easy to come by and will be much less of a wait to blooom than the del x sand cross, so why not just remake the primary hybrid?

If you would get viable seedlings out of that cross, it would be an awesome cross btw, but unfortunately I have noticed that parvi's x multiflorals tend to be reluctant breeders, so I wish you good luck with that cross!

I did cross Paph. Pink Sky (= Lady Isabel x delenatii) with Paph. sanderianum years ago, which should be kind of similar to what you would be making. I even got a bunch of seedlings to grow, but it has been a reluctant bloomer. The seedlings have been out of the lab for at least 7-8 years, and still have not bloomed.

Robert

delenatii itself is very easy to come by and will be much less of a wait to blooom than the del x sand cross, so why not just remake the primary hybrid?

I have a delenatii and sanderianum. I don't really just want the primary hybrid I want the Sacagawea x sandie cross. I don't care how long it takes to bloom as long as I like the blooms. I'll contact Orchids Limited.

I have a delenatii and sanderianum. I don't really just want the primary hybrid I want the Sacagawea x sandie cross. I don't care how long it takes to bloom as long as I like the blooms. I'll contact Orchids Limited.
Drorchid is a main man at OL, you've already heard from him, they don't have anymore.

Drorchid is a main man at OL, you've already heard from him, they don't have anymore.

Hmm... For some reason I totally missed the above two posts and sent them an email. I put the word out with a few vendors, I still have a year or so to locate something before my sanderianum blooms.

Well so far I've contacted Tom Kalina and Orchids Limited. I contacted The Plant House, they referred me to Dr. Clark Riley, he referred me to Parkside Orchids. So far nothing. They either have never heard of the cross, their plant died of rot, or they don't have it anymore. Who are some others to contact that may by the slightest chance have this cross? I may even take a flask, seedling, or plant rather than just pollinia because that would be faster than remaking the primary hybrid, wait for first blooms and then cross pollinate. But if it comes to that I will do it. I'll get this hybrid one way or another no matter how long it takes!

Latest posts

Back