Visited the Plant House

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Orchid Boy

Reaction score
I visited the Plant House recently, it is the only local orchid vendor. It is an old, medium to big sized house converted into an under lights nursery. They have tons of plants and around 300-600 orchids. They have carnivores, huge houseplants, african violets, tillandsias, bromeliads, ficus trees, books, supplies, shirts and towels with orchid sayings... They have some nice paphs but no phrags. They have the downstairs displays and a downstairs orchid room with all their in bloom or bud orchids. They have hundreds more orchids upstairs but it isn't open to the public. You can request things and they will see if they have it or they have good suppliers they can get it from. I ordered from them a Phrag. pearcei and Onc. Sharry Baby 'Sweet Fragrance'. They said the Sharry Baby will probably be pretty big and healthy. I love seeing what orchids they have in their orchid room, this time they had lots of oncidiums and brassias, a few paphs and a few phals. They are very friendly and knowledgeable people. They go to the orchid show every year. This time around they had lots of big, nice nepenthes. Any one else ever been there?

Here's a picture of the pearcei I ordered from them, it's in a 4 inch pot I think. I have to go there to pick it up, maybe I'll take some pictures.

Attachments

• My Phrag. pearcei plant.jpg
    My Phrag. pearcei plant.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 73
I'm going there on Friday and I emailed them to ask if it was alright if I took some pictures and they said no problem. So I'll take lots of pictures for you all! They just got some mounted Ascocentrum pumilum in stock, blooming. I'm excited to go get my plants and look around again and see what changed! Lots of their plants have very nice root systems, especially their oncidiums and brassias, they usually have roots coming out the bottom.

I picked up my P. pearcei and O. Sharry Baby. They are both very big, especially the Sharry Baby. I took pictures. This weekend will be busy will try to have them up by Tuesday.

You should have asked about those plants i droped of there thinking you were the owners son . they were 3 nice paph species seedlings.

My camera froze up. Here's the pictures I got...

Part of the "orchid room"
P1050907_zps442a2d99.jpg

Some Paphiopedilums (sorry, don't remeber the names)
P1050909_zps0e9c90a8.jpg

P1050906_zps0c98a4d4.jpg

P1050905_zps1c6946a4.jpg

A dendrobium
P1050908_zpsee8542ff.jpg

A nepenthes
P1050910_zps17c1db49.jpg

Looks like a nice shop. A great resource to have near by. By the way, have you gotten into contact with Joe Langton yet? He is the 'other' commercial, or part time commercial orchid seller in your area. If he is still selling orchids, you would be delighted with his collection. And most likely you will find his prices quite reasonable.

Looks like a nice shop. A great resource to have near by. By the way, have you gotten into contact with Joe Langton yet? He is the 'other' commercial, or part time commercial orchid seller in your area. If he is still selling orchids, you would be delighted with his collection. And most likely you will find his prices quite reasonable.

No I haven't. I had his contact info but now I can't find it. Could you pm me his info?

nice pics--curious how they water those plants in the house...?

I know downstairs in their display area, where they put orchids in bloom and other plants, they have an empty fish tank that sometimes has water in it, they also have a kitchen with a sink in the downstairs area. I've never seen the upstairs but I know they have plumbing and and RO system and they grow everything under lights. They have something like 300-400 orchids there.

Recent pictures from The Plant House...

Paph. concolor seedling, $10

Psychopsis Mendenhall, busting the pot with 3 spikes in bud

Enc. cordigera, it smells good most of the day, smells like a field of flowers covered with pig maure in the evenings...

My Masd. Angel Tears now in spike! Got it March 6.

Brassavola Little Stars in spike, new aquistion, not from the Plant House

Latest posts

Back