Visit with Chuck Acker

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

John D.

Since I have to be in the Green Bay /Appleton area for work for 10 days I had to make a little side trip. Chuck was at the Greenhouse and was a gracious host. They are building new greenhouses and will take the older less insulated one out of service shortly. Those to be upgraded later. The red Phrags are actually a deeper color than the camera captured. The Paph concolor and the Masdie are going home with me on the plane at the end of next week.
Enjoy

Copy_of_Sign.JPG

Copy_of_greenhouses.JPG

Copy_of_IMG_0852.JPG

Copy_of_Vanilla_planiflora.JPG

Copy_of_Vanilla_varigated_edit1.jpg

Copy_of_Masd_Angel_Tang_2.JPG

Copy_of_Paph_armeniacum-_Paph_In_Charm_White_X_an-thong_alba.JPG

Copy_of_Paph_concolor_2.JPG

Copy_of_Phrag_Dominianum_Bob_Mac_.JPG

Copy_of_Paph_spicerianum_seedlings.JPG

Copy_of_Phrag_Twilight_4N_X_caudatum.JPG

Copy_of_Paph_sanderianum.JPG

Copy_of_Phrag_Don_Wimber_4N.JPG

Copy_of_Phrag_Don_Wimber_4N_plant.JPG

thanks for the interesting picts!!! the new houses look great, there must be lots of SPACE available soon!! and nice plant selection; I am still looking for this concolor!:eek::eek: Jean

Ohhhhhhhhh Fu Manchu is a MUST HAVE on my list.

Thanks for the pics. Your side trip must have been real treat for you.

Marilyn

I bet you had a good time, I was up there a couple of times last summer. The new ones must be to the far right when looking at the picture?

Im with Wendy - I could haul loads of sanderianum out of there and it still wouldn't be enough for me. I know...I know...Im a glutton.
Beautiful greenhouses too!

Yes, the new construction is to the right. All the plants are currently in the glass glazed greenhouses to the left. The ones to the right are the multilayer new plastics. You can see the framing since the sidewalls and roofs are not complete. It was a fun trip.:)

Looks like fun! I can't believe those variegated vanilla plants were only $20 at that size, I paid $18 for 1/4 that size! :viking: Thanx for sharing.

Latest posts

Back