Variegated Paph seedling

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul

Reaction score
Hello all,
Here is a good surprise I had on one seedling of charlesworthii.
One variegated leaf, and good news, the new leaf will be also variegated!
I really hope this plant will continue to grow this way, this leaf is really beautiful under bright light (nicer than on the photo)

charlesworthii%20variegata.JPG

It looks as if the first leaf (the one on the right) has faded with the variegation? I had this happen on a phrag seedling I got from Chuck Acker & he said it wasn't unusual, didn't necessarily know why but didn't know of a plant that held the variegation as it matured.
Can't hurt to cross our fingers!

The variegation has appeared on the second leave (and the new one). on the right there is no variegation.
This could be funny to have a mature Paph variegated, but there is quite low chance, so finger crossed!

The variegation has appeared on the second leave (and the new one). on the right there is no variegation.
This could be funny to have a mature Paph variegated, but there is quite low chance, so finger crossed!

I you lived in Japan a mature Paph with variegated laves could make you a rich man. Japanese are very keen on all things with variegated leaves. :D
I keep my fingers crossed too!!
Best regards from Germany, rudolf

Back