Two paphs in bloom

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P. delenati it is incredible, and the other one, beautiful as well, is it P. Pinochio?

... the other one, beautiful as well, is it P. Pinochio?

I'm with dodidoki: it's P. victoria-regina...with a wee bit tilted lip. It's difficult to see neither primulinum, nor glaucophyllum (the grex for Pinocchio) in dodi's flower, at least in my eyes.

NB. Notice this species is spelled without a final 'e' - rather confusing as its close cousin is P. victoria-mariae with the 'e'. Even the - in respect to names - otherwise meticulous Hilmar Bauch from Assendorf doesn't get this right!
Allow for my latin being a wee bit rusty, but the two species-names translates into respectively: Paphiopedilum Queen Victoria and Victoria Mary's Paphipedilum. If I'm not barking up the completely wrong tree, Victoria Mary is Victoria, Princess Royal of the United Kingdom - Queen Victoria's eldest daughter and later Queen of Prussia and for a very brief spell empress of Germany.

I'm with dodidoki: it's P. victoria-regina...with a wee bit tilted lip. It's difficult to see neither primulinum, nor glaucophyllum (the grex for Pinocchio) in dodi's flower, at least in my eyes.

NB. Notice this species is spelled without a final 'e' - rather confusing as its close cousin is P. victoria-mariae with the 'e'. Even the - in respect to names - otherwise meticulous Hilmar Bauch from Assendorf doesn't get this right!
Allow for my latin being a wee bit rusty, but the two species-names translates into respectively: Paphiopedilum Queen Victoria and Victoria Mary's Paphipedilum. If I'm not barking up the completely wrong tree, Victoria Mary is Victoria, Princess Royal of the United Kingdom - Queen Victoria's eldest daughter and later Queen of Prussia and for a very brief spell empress of Germany.
Thanks for correction.Right name is victoria - regina indeed, without e .Another old name is chamberlianum if I know well.

Latest posts

Back