Paph victoria-marie?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HairBear73

Reaction score
I’ve added a question mark to this as I believe there are issues surrounding authenticity of victoria-maries?
Any input welcome, I’m just a window grower for fun so the outcome won’t affect anything 😊

Attachments

• IMG_0495.jpeg
    IMG_0495.jpeg
    924.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0496.jpeg
    IMG_0496.jpeg
    826 KB · Views: 0
I’ve added a question mark to this as I believe there are issues surrounding authenticity of victoria-maries?....
Nice flower at any rate and though the light or the white balance of the photos aren't the best ... there are other hints in my eyes which refer that the question mark has its entitlement. In my eyes the shape of the whole flower looks like victoria-mariae ... but the shape of the staminode, the dots on the petals and some other traits say ... I'm a hybrid. I would think a cross with victoria-reginae (syn. chamberlainianum). Have a look of mine which I think is a correct P. victoria-mariae .

Last edited:
Nice flower at any rate and though the light or the white balance of the photos aren't the best ... there are other hints in my eyes which refer that the question mark has its entitlement. In my eyes the shape of the whole flower looks like victoria-mariae ... but the shape of the staminode, the dots on the petals and some other traits say ... I'm a hybrid. I would think a cross with victoria-reginae (syn. chamberlainianum). Have a look of mine which I think is a correct P. victoria-mariae .
I agree Rudolf, yours does look like the real deal.

Pretty flower. I’m also a window sill/sunroom grower for my own enjoyment❣️. I can see where is it species/hybrid(?) must be frustrating for those who grow for awards.

Latest posts

Back