Two New kovachii hybrids

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lance,

That's true, but not all of us are breeders, and triploids for the most part are vigorous, colorful and rewarding to the slipper orchid hobbyist because they are easy to grow and floriferous. (Plus, in this case I expect the 4N JF might provide a double-shot of color).

Good points. I was just thinking of getting to the 3rd generation faster. :drool:

I think they are both very nice!

There aren't a lot of PK hybrids available so far over here. So I hope someone will soon start recreating these hybrids in Europe.

Here's another one: Phrag. Mem. Maria Teresa Fighetti (Phrag. Elizabeth castle x Phrag. kovachii)
P_MemMariaTeresaFighetti.jpg

Form isn't great, but the color is nice!

Dot: do you know the dimensions of the flowers in the photos and how long they have been open?

both are very nice,I heard the size, one was 11cm hor and the other was 9cm hor
Right: Horizontal spread of P. Glen Decker is 11 cm and of P Graeme Jones is 9 cm. I don't know how long the flowers were open before the photos were taken.

Can You find out if they have the yellow rip in the shoe?
I'll ask.

I would take them all, even Maria Teresa. That would put much more colour in my winter. And talking of shape, I'm not so good either.

Graeme Jones

Both of these hybrids are my orchids originated by Alfredo Manrique in Peru. The photo's were taken at 2 days open. The Glen Decker was 11cm's and the Graeme Jones was 10cm's. The Glen Decker was flowered 15 months out of flask. I expect these to flower again in March and I expect the flowers to increase in size by about 20%. Both have 3 new growths.:

Both of these hybrids are my orchids originated by Alfredo Manrique in Peru. The photo's were taken at 2 days open. The Glen Decker was 11cm's and the Graeme Jones was 10cm's. The Glen Decker was flowered 15 months out of flask. I expect these to flower again in March and I expect the flowers to increase in size by about 20%. Both have 3 new growths.:
Welcome, Graeme! Thanks for making yourself known here and claiming these two very lovely flowers. I knew they were grown and flowered in Australia, but I didn't know who the grower was.

I hope you tell us more about yourself. Australia is well represented here, so I hope you feel right at home.

Graeme Jones

My latest offering. Phrag. Memoria Maria Teresa Fighetti. (Phrag. Elizabeth Castle x phrag. kovachii) 2 days open. Span 11.5 cms

Attachments

• memoriamariateresafighe.jpg
    memoriamariateresafighe.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 69

Latest posts

Back