Two Malipoense Primary Hybrids

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
Both showed the tip of the spike last summer.

Jade Dragon is a bit small with a defect in the dorsal, but I kind of like it.
Interesting flower for sure.

Shun-Fa Golden is huge & fragrant as usual, and unfortunately the same dorsal defect is present again. I guess it is what it is.
Quite impressive in person. I love it!! :)

sBDnawFl.jpg

YdBxoaMl.jpg

Interesting both have the same color scheme but with different shapes. When the Jade D first came out I really liked it but never had any luck with the cross. I should probably try it again.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing. Too bad about the defect. I've always liked Jade Dragon, Mint Chocolate, and other malipoense hybrids but don't have many of them.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Yeah, it is the fourth bloom on this SFG, and it's always been there almost exact location.

Two years ago, the defect was much worse, so this is sort of an improvement, but I think it is something that will always be there since it was present everytime thus far.

Anyways, I have a few of malipoense hybrids in bud, including malipoense itself, although something seems wrong with it. I have no idea what, but something is wrong with the plant and the bud.

Ma Belle is pushing two buds. Mint Chocolate & Envy Green are developing their buds nicely, and another SFG is soon to open its bud, which is a much smaller bud compared to this one, so I'm quite curious to see what the result will be like.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back