This Bud's For You --- to guess

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
I'm impressed by the people on this forum that can tell what the name of the flower is just by looking at it's buds. This species should be easy:

Paph_haynaldianumalbumbuds.jpg

Looks like it's at the same stage as my haynaldianum album but yours has more buds!

Rose, it will be interesting to do a comparison.

My plant almost died after it bloomed last time. It's taken 3 years to recover.

:eek: Don't scare me like that! This will be it's first time blooming, it's got 2 growths & is smallish. What's the plant size like on yours?

:eek: Don't scare me like that! This will be it's first time blooming, it's got 2 growths & is smallish. What's the plant size like on yours?
Leaf span is about 16 inches. The first growth died off, and it now has one growth that's blooming and a small growth started, about 3" high.

Paphiopedilum dianthum album?

I think it's too hairy to guess dianthum, and I'm not sure if there is an alba parrishii (which is hairy). I was thinking along the same lines Brabantia.

But there is something about the spike and buds of all the lowii/parrishii group that made the correct ID pretty easy. Maybe its that funny parrot beak shape of the bud?

Leaf span is about 16 inches. The first growth died off, and it now has one growth that's blooming and a small growth started, about 3" high.
My blooming size growth is about hat size, so sounds normal, the second growth is larger. It seems it's taking longer for buds to open but it shouldn't be long to compare!

Back