'The Queen' is back!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
Almost lost her.

Maudiae 'The Queen' (not fully opened)
PaphMaudiaeTheQueen2_zps08966706.jpg

PaphMaudiaeTheQueen1_zpsb941cc49.jpg

And what's 'The Queen' without her counterpart, 'Los Osos'
a bit of a tease here ;)
PaphMaudiaeLosOsos1_zps18c1bb59.jpg

Last edited:
Drool! So nice to see!

My Maudiae 'The Queen' had issues and got down to just a single 3", yellowing leaf! Then, finally, a new growth is starting. It's gonna be years before I see a bloom again.....

Slipperking saved the Queeen, that's excellent news.
I love this flower. Los Osos does look promising.

Thanks guys. Tell me, does 'The Queen' have an AM or a FCC from the AOS? I've seen it both ways but haven't found any record of the FCC award.

Really great save there! I'm trying to save...okay, I'm not actually, but my Clair de Lune seems to be on the road to recovery, after its careless owner almost murdered it. I was considering a Maudiae alba if it didn't pull through, since I want one alba Paph, and Maudiae is so good looking.

That 'Los Osos' is really going for it. Looks very promising and very well grown (four flowers! I'm jealous). :D

Waouh! very nice!! a queen flower effectively. Do you use some dolomite in the substrate for this hybrid?

Not bad for a venerable lady - true royalty. 'The Queen' is a vigorous grower if she's happy, so a plant that is into recovery can bloom sooner than you might think.

I hope you have the true 'Los Osos' and not one of the many self-seedlings that were sold under that name. Looking forward to seeing it.

we're coming for her Rick!!!! awesome plants, can't wait to see the Los Osos too, looks like it will be quite a show.
I have three loud mouth dogs, a gaint pad lock, a shotgum and 38 special will that deter?

Not bad for a venerable lady - true royalty. 'The Queen' is a vigorous grower if she's happy, so a plant that is into recovery can bloom sooner than you might think.

I hope you have the true 'Los Osos' and not one of the many self-seedlings that were sold under that name. Looking forward to seeing it.

I had one of those Norris Powell selfings...what a dog..one growth up, bloom, die, one growth up, bloom, die..well you get the pt. So did one old Calif. gal, can't remember her name, Betty maybe. famous in her own right was fed up as well. She paid what she thought good money for Los Osos and it turned out to be another dog. She went to Powell's greenhouses when 'Los Osos' was blooming, knock it out of the pot, ripped it in half and said, "Now I have Los Osos". Powell just laughed.
Bill Barret from here in Houston got a div from the Calif. gal and the story. I'm pretty dang sure I have the real McCoy. I bought my div. back in 89-91

Thanks guys. Tell me, does 'The Queen' have an AM or a FCC from the AOS? I've seen it both ways but haven't found any record of the FCC award.

It's my understanding that this is one plant with two clonal names. 'The Queen' has an AM/AOS; but, the Dupont family had a piece of 'The Queen' and they named it 'Bankhaus'. It got an FCC/AOS under that name.

And still unsurpassed! Just wonderful.
I hope my Claire de Lune recovers. 9 weeks in perfection...

Latest posts

Back