The major part of my collection:

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mutant

Reaction score
My Phals:

Species:
Phal. celebensis
Phal. equestris
Phal. equestris
Phal. equestris
Phal. equestris 'Apari'
Phal. equestris 'Apari' pink
Phal. equestris aurea
Phal. equestris aurea
Phal. equestris 'Blue Lip' x self
Phal. equestris 'Blue Lip'
Phal. equestris 'Orange'
Phal. equestris 'Maria'
Phal. equestris var. coerulea
Phal. equestris var. coerulea
Phal. equestris var. rosea
Phal. lindenii
Phal. philippinense
Phal. pulchra
Phal. schilleriana
Phal. stuartiana
Phal. stuartiana var. nobilis
Phal. taenialis
Phal. violacea (Rachels blue Eyes x Gulfstream blue x sib)
Phal. violacea (Red x Harvey)

Primary equestris hybrids:

Dtps. Purple Gem 'blue'
Phal. Ambotris (w. amboinensis var. common)
Phal. Ambotris (w. amboinensis white)
Phal. Braquestris Melmi
Phal. Cornustris (equstris aurea x cornu-cervi alba)
Phal. Equalacea (violacea var. Indigo x equestris var. alba)
Phal. Equiwilson
Phal. Little Sister

Primary hybrids:
Phal. Jennifer Palermo
Phal. Princess Kaiulani 'Miki'
Phal. Wiganiae

Complex hybrids:

Dtps. I-Hsin Symphony
Dtps. Liu's Berry
Dtps. Queen Beer 'Tiny Doll'
Dtps. Sogo Vivien 'Golden Vivien'
Dtps. Tzu Chiang Orange C#1
Phal. Lioulin Sweet
Phal. Rainbow Chip x Liu's Bright Ruby
Phal. Stone Dance var. yellow
Phal. Zuma's Pixie

NoID:s (where the ID might be 99% certain, but not confirmed, or where the name is not registered, or they're just plain ol' NoID:s):
Phal. Little Emperor
Phal. Malibu Madonna
Phal. Snow Mound
Phal. Graz/Patricia Lillian
Equestris hybrid
Peloric hybrid, large (my oldie)
Peloric hybrid, small (my Mutant)
Mini Phal, looks like Jiaho's Pink Girl
Mini Phal, looks like Wenlong Pink Girl

Soo, guess which my favourite species is? ;)

These are the guys that are competing with my Paphs for the limited space I have. Lucky me I prefer the smaller hybrids/species so it's not too crowded...yet. :p

Also, I probably won't branch into any other genera than my Paphs and my Phals, these two are quite enough considering I have no self discipline what so ever, when it comes to buying what I like. The only other genus that I want a species from is Dendrobium, more specifically, I really want a Dendrobium atroviolaceum pygmy.
:smitten:

Wow, you've got a lot of phals.
Yup, too many! :rollhappy:

I think my collection consists of 89 plants in total and I started out with 8 Phals in February... Oops.

And I have more incoming... But I'm going to sell some as well, to be able to care properly for them all.

AND I'm only a windowsill grower and they still haven't taken over my apartment (the orchids that is, not the windowsills :wink: ).

Yup, too many! :rollhappy:

I think my collection consists of 89 plants in total and I started out with 8 Phals in February... Oops.

And I have more incoming... But I'm going to sell some as well, to be able to care properly for them all.

AND I'm only a windowsill grower and they still haven't taken over my apartment (the orchids that is, not the windowsills :wink: ).

89! on the windowsill?? Where do you live, in a castle? I have forty in my collection -with three more paphs arriving any day now from orchid Inn.

Great phal list...! I have aquired some recently (thanks Jean! :D) and they grow new roots and leaves now! I like them cause they are quite easy to grow and have decent flowerings!

wow, you have more than I have (or had, since some have been dying this summer). glad to see that you have lindenii, it is one of my favorite phal species and loves it mounted and hanging on my kitchen windowsill

my username 'descriptor' that is below the username, is 'peloric keiki', which described a peloric equestris that I had recently

89! on the windowsill?? Where do you live, in a castle? I have forty in my collection -with three more paphs arriving any day now from orchid Inn.
Yup, I live in a castle...I wish anyway. :wink:

Nah, I ran out of windowsills a looong time ago, but my entire collection is located in close proximity of the windows at least. I have several ugly pedestals from IKEA on which the major part of my Paphs are standing (they really hurt looking at due to their ugliness, but they are great for Paphs I think).

Here's one of my pedestals:
8032494555_576cf57898_z.jpg

I have two more Phals and one Paph arriving next week from Orchideeën Shop (a Phal schilleriana 'Pink Butterfly AM/AOS, this means I'll sell the one I have, a Phal Bonita (stuartiana x buyssoniana), and a Paph Clair de Lune 'Edgard Van Belle' AM/AOS), and, unless something has happened, three Paphs from Orchid Inn, and finally, three more Paphs from Asendorfer...

Where all of these are going to fit is a very good question. :p

You do have an amazing collection of equestris!
They are my favourite Phal. species and I want more varieties as well as more equestris primary hybrids. Can't have too many of the little buggers.
:smitten:

wow, you have more than I have (or had, since some have been dying this summer). glad to see that you have lindenii, it is one of my favorite phal species and loves it mounted and hanging on my kitchen windowsill

my username 'descriptor' that is below the username, is 'peloric keiki', which described a peloric equestris that I had recently
Yup, I love Phals with mottled foliage so I had to have one of each species. The lindenii is cute, but I must say that the celebensis have a more beautiful foliage actually. I'm still trying to figure out how to care properly for these guys though. They've lost some leaves since I got them, but I think I'm getting the hang of it...maybe...

Yes, Paph rothschildianum is a smaller species! :poke:
That it is! It's one of the smallest Paphs there is, right? On par with helenae I would say. *whistles innocently*

I wrote MOST of my collection consisted of small species/hybrids, didn't I? :poke:
This so my not as small ones will fit too (like my MK, PEoY, roths, lowii (where did that one come from)...).

Nice collection of Phals! You should get Phal corningiana to your collection!

Paphman910
Thanks! :D I like it but am missing out on a violacea or two more and plenty of equestris hybrids. Oh, and some more Dtps. Tzu Chiang hybrids as well (Balm and Sapphire would be lovely to have).

*shudders* Ugh, nooo, it's got a hairy lip! Can't stand Phals with hairy lips...

"whistles innocently"...:rollhappy: Your plants look happy. Are they in straight sphagnum moss?
Thanks, I hope they are happy and not simply pretending.

In this picture, all except one, are actually in straight bark with some sphagnum on top, this to protect the topmost roots as well as make sure the substrate dries out a bit more evenly. Normally, I use a bark/sphagnum/perlite mix, but all except one in the picture, are from Asendorfer and the bark was in such good shape that I didn't repot them when I got them.

My updated list of Phals:

Species:
Phal. celebensis in bloom
Phal. equestris
Phal. equestris
Phal. equestris in bloom
Phal. equestris 'Apari' in bloom
Phal. equestris 'Apari' pink in bloom
Phal. equestris aurea in bloom
Phal. equestris aurea
Phal. equestris 'Blue Lip' x self
Phal. equestris 'Orange'
Phal. equestris 'Maria' in bloom
Phal. equestris var. coerulea in bloom
Phal. equestris var. rosea in spike
Phal. lindenii
Phal. philippinense
Phal. pulchra
Phal. schilleriana 'Pink Butterfly' AM/AOS (NEW)
Phal. stuartiana in spike
Phal. stuartiana var. nobilis
Phal. taenialis
Phal. violacea (Rachels blue Eyes x Gulfstream blue x sib)
Phal. violacea (Red x Harvey)

Primary equestris hybrids:

Dtps. Purple Gem 'blue' (pulcherrima x equestris) in bloom
Phal. Ambotris (w. amboinensis var. common)
Phal. Braquestris Melmi (honghenensis x equestris)
Phal. Cornustris (equstris aurea x cornu-cervi alba)
Phal. Equalacea (violacea var. Indigo x equestris var. alba) in bloom
Phal. Equiwilson (equestris x wilsonii)
Phal. Little Sister (equestris x maculata)

Primary hybrids:
Dtps. Bonita (stuartiana x buyssoniana) in spike (NEW)
Phal. Jennifer Palermo (tertraspis C#1 x violacea blue 'Indigo') in spike
Phal. Princess Kaiulani 'Miki' (violacea x amboinensis) in spike
Phal. Wiganiae (schilleriana x stuartiana) in spike

Complex hybrids:
Dtps. I-Hsin Symphony in spike
Dtps. Liu's Berry in bloom
Dtps. Queen Beer 'Tiny Doll' in bloom in spike
Dtps. Sogo Vivien 'Golden Vivien'
Dtps. Tzu Chiang Orange C#1 in bloom in spike
Phal. Lioulin Sweet (Penang Girl x equestris B100)
Phal. Rainbow Chip x Liu's Bright Ruby
Phal. Stone Dance var. yellow (Su-An Cricket x equestris) in spike
Phal. Zuma's Pixie

NoID:s (where the ID might be 99% certain, but not confirmed, or where the name is not registered, or they're just plain ol' NoID:s):
Phal. Little Emperor in spike
Phal. Malibu Madonna
Phal. Snow Mound in bloom
Phal. Graz/Patricia Lillian in spike
Equestris hybrid in bloom
Peloric hybrid, large (my oldie)
Peloric hybrid, small (my Mutant) in bloom
Mini Phal, looks like Jiaho's Pink Girl
Mini Phal, looks like Wenlong Pink Girl in spike

My new schill:
8051144565_9d3238b3d4_z.jpg

And my new primary hybrid, Dtps. Bonita (there were two plants in the pot and they had such great root systems, I didn't want to put them in the same pot again):
8051145187_60d814d44b.jpg

Latest posts

Back