The last of the Coelogynes

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondie

Reaction score
Hi

This is the last of my flowering size coelogynes I can here the sigh of releaf :rollhappy:

All of these are rather untidy plants and grow how they wont and dont stay neat.

Coelogyne ovalis 'Burnham', this has a large flower comparied to the normal ovalis, its way but on a good show in the autumn just a shame about the smell.
free upload

Coelogyne triplicatula This dose have nice bulbs and I love how dark the flowers are, another one that always bloom in the autumn and is another not so nice smeling plant.
upload pics

Coelogyne fimbriata this one is a little neater than the other two, but dose like to grow everywhere, this is a small plant but can make a very large plant in time. I use to gorw these in baskest in singapore and have big globs of the plant in flower.
post image online

Coelogyne Memoria William Micholitz AM/RHS one of my favorite hybrids, i have both parents and love all three, this is a very neat plant bulbs grow next door to each other nice tall leafs just a nice plant. Hopeing for flowers this year as i nearly killed the plant last as it got repoted in to course bark and got dehydrated but has recovered and i have about 5/6 leads on it so hopefully a chance of blooms.
post images

Nice to see some less common Coelogynes! I like the Mem....Micholitz and just got a small plant of that cross. Ovalis I haven't bloomed yet but it's spiking.
I guess I'll have to decide if the smell of Ovalis and Triplicatula are sufficiently terrible to avoid them in the future!

Nice to see some less common Coelogynes! I like the Mem....Micholitz and just got a small plant of that cross. Ovalis I haven't bloomed yet but it's spiking.
I guess I'll have to decide if the smell of Ovalis and Triplicatula are sufficiently terrible to avoid them in the future!

Its not a offensive smell just a not a scent you want to spend a lot of time working with :rollhappy:

Latest posts

Back