The growing areas MEGATHREAD!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it looks great Rose!! What do you do for cooling?
Fans .... there's 6, most of them are the small 6" clip on fans, which work greater as far as I'm concerned. I like the fact that they are 2 speed & it's easy to put them anywhere, my goal is just to keep the air moving, try to eliminate dead air corners. Wet down the floor a couple times a day and surprisingly the plants have faired really well this summer, boy I hope this is it for this 90 degree weather!

though I'd include a few photos of the growing space on the top of my building at school I was luckily able to use over the winter instead or plasticing in my porch again and paying ridiculous power bills for yet another winter.

DSCF7568.jpg

DSCF7562.jpg

DSCF7565.jpg

dischidea ovata growing in this cool pot I found at a local thrift store
DSCF7564.jpg

Forrest

Forrest I am so jealous...this at U of M ontop of the Horto blg?
Love to see it one day!

Looks like a great spot Forrest. Are these all your plants in there?

Yeah that's most of my collection other than a glass display case of blooming things in the lobby with my amphibian display and a terrarium for minis and seedlings in my frog lab. Unfortunately the greenhouse is only mine in the winters, when few tomatoes are being grown for research. I have to have my plants out in early may to make room for the rapidly growing species tomatoes that the space is intended for.

Forrest

I'm just getting through my hell lot of pictures on my PC sorting them out and I found those.

My summer-, and winter-growingareas:
Summer: balkony facing south
5419095278_6c026aa9be_z.jpg

Winter: enlarged windowsill facing south
5419094418_eacecf760d_z.jpg

all year around: bright northwindow for most of my paphis
5418500553_22ec598d9f_z.jpg

Hi Dot!
They move to their Winterplace "Southwindow" like I wrote above.
That place is quite empty in summer , only the Vanda stay inside.

Latest posts

Back