Summer Potential

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehanes7612

Reaction score
What do you got blooming this summer? I will start.....

Paph parishii (Orchid Inn cross)..surprised about this one, didnt think I would get a bloom so early in its life..one growth with new start..the bud complex is just clearing the apex..looking good

Paph Crouching Tiger..huge plant, 3 growth ..maybe four buds

Paph Hung Sheng Eagle... prominent bulging in crown, and can see some of the sheath ...this plant has really wide leaves..and budding on only one growth also

Paph Lady Roth..this one has been in false sheath for a year, then put up another false sheath 6 months ago...i think its finally starting it's bud..damn stonei influence !!

and meanwhile..going on 18 months for my stonei false sheath on a 4 growth plant...it just started a new growth ..so I am not hopeful

all these plants have been receiving warm night temps (60 min) for the past year, watered every other day and light feeding with klite..growing under 12 hours a day of 1000 watt halide. There was a two week period where the temps dropped to low 50's ..not sure if it helped any of these plants...it probably helped the two Fox Valley Fireball I had.

Nice! if you don't mind me asking, what parishii cross did you get from Sam? I have the 'Red Long Twister' x 'Jeanie' AM/AOS cross which has been putting out a ton of new roots and a second growth. I'm pretty surprised how vigorous it's been, though I have a feeling I'm not going to be seeing flowers in the immediate future.

I don't have much going on flower-wise at the moment. I have a Phrag. richteri and a OZ besseae that are getting ready to bloom as well as my caudatum and wallisii that are still in flower. It looks like the haynaldianum album I won in the forum auction may be pushing a sheath but it's still a little early to tell for sure.

The Best x Jeannie..it's been my experience that parishii are fairly vigorous, even out of the flask..My last flask of them I got 40 seedlings (orchid inn cross), not one died and five of them reached BS in five years...and these only put out two long roots. Every adult I have had grew like weeds..maybe they just like the warm temps

The Best x Jeannie..it's been my experience that parishii are fairly vigorous, even out of the flask..My last flask of them I got 40 seedlings (orchid inn cross), not one died and five of them reached BS in five years...and these only put out two long roots. Every adult I have had grew like weeds..maybe they just like the warm temps

Sounds like my growing conditions and watering routine are pretty similar to yours. Watering every other day gets kinda annoying after a while but my plants (especially phrags) have really responded well to it. Be sure to post pics of your parishii when it opens!

I have a chiu hua dancer pushing up I bought from you a year or 2 ago, godefroyae, and frank booth

I've got a Paph. callosum var. sublaeve from Lehua in low spike for its first bloom and a division of Paph. sanderianum 'Jungle Magic' from Chuck Acker in low spike. I am practically wetting myself with excitement over the sandy.

Silence888, I'd like to see that sandy in bloom!! The waiting sucks, I have a bunch of paphs in low spike, but they can stay that way for a long time.......

In sheath and expected to bloom between now & August: Chiu Hua Dancer, St Swithin, Lady Rothschild, Wössner Kolorand, Shin-Yi William, Delrosi, Fanaticum, Mount Low albescent, micranthum v. eburneum, godefroyae, thaianum...I'm sure I'm probably forgetting something...oh yes, temptation 'gym socks' am/aos two more times.

Only my Annabellchen and Odette's Vision for me this summer. Phrag Grande might do something too, but not sure. Next year should be a better one for slippers.

What really have my attention are my Bulbo echinolabium and Stanhopea oculata. They are primed and ready, and I'm looking for signs of spikes every day.

After three years without multifloral Paphs I finally have something to look forward to....currently have a Johanna Burkhardt in bloom and supardii and parishii in bud. I haven't checked the rest too close but there must be something else not far behind those ones. :clap:

Hsinying Alien ( my $5 from TJ from California visit two years ago)about to open, the rest are showing sheath: Franz Glanz, Cam's Cloud, Shunfa Golden, Fumi's Delight, Pink Sky, Delrosi, Dollgoldi, micranthum x brachy hybrid, liemianum, Ma Belle, Wössner Favourite, bellatulum, wenshanense, Emma Decker, Bel Royal x armeniacum, Snowflake, Clair de Lune ( the famous clone).
That's it for now.

60F is not warm night!!! That's almost ideal for many things like parishii.
I wish I could get it that cold even in the winter at my apartment.

What do you got blooming this summer? I will start.....

Paph parishii (Orchid Inn cross)..surprised about this one, didnt think I would get a bloom so early in its life..one growth with new start..the bud complex is just clearing the apex..looking good

Paph Crouching Tiger..huge plant, 3 growth ..maybe four buds

Paph Hung Sheng Eagle... prominent bulging in crown, and can see some of the sheath ...this plant has really wide leaves..and budding on only one growth also

Paph Lady Roth..this one has been in false sheath for a year, then put up another false sheath 6 months ago...i think its finally starting it's bud..damn stonei influence !!

and meanwhile..going on 18 months for my stonei false sheath on a 4 growth plant...it just started a new growth ..so I am not hopeful

all these plants have been receiving warm night temps (60 min) for the past year, watered every other day and light feeding with klite..growing under 12 hours a day of 1000 watt halide. There was a two week period where the temps dropped to low 50's ..not sure if it helped any of these plants...it probably helped the two Fox Valley Fireball I had.

Latest posts

Back